Waiting on Wednesday (45)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Strings Attached"
by Judy Blundell
Scholastic Press
Release Date: March 1, 2011


The following description is from goodreads.com:



According to Pub Marketplace, the story is about “a plucky 17-year-old chorus girl in 1950’s New York, struggling to avoid her obligations to a mob-affiliated lawyer. . .who is father to the boy she loves.”






Not too much of a description yet, but I read another book by her this summer and it was one of the more unique YA books I've read for awhile. I'm looking forward to this one!

What are you waiting for this week??

14 comments

  1. That sounds like a very unique premise for a YA. Not sure if I would like it or not but I am interested to learn more about it. Good pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one on my TBR list too- I love historical fiction so this one sounds intriguing. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to this one too! It sounds really good! I've read What I Saw and How I Lied by the author and enjoyed that one, but this one sounds even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds very interesting. The cover instantly reminds me of What I Saw And How I Lied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the sound of this one! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds good. It always sounds like it would have lots of drama and action. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this one, Carrie! It looks and sounds darn good! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also can't wait for this one. Great pick! Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was my pick today too! I love Judy Blundell's What I Saw and How I Lied and can't wait to see what she does with 1950s NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one does look cool. I love historicals. I agree with Juju -- the 50s and the mob! I'm totally in. I really need to read What I Saw and How I Lied. Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really need to read WISaHIL... yeah. i know, i like acronyms xD this one look sreally interesting, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm Interesting! I didn't know Scholastic was coming out with this one... Based on a cover I would have guessed it to be a paranormal YA. Can't wait for the actual summary to be released. I'm curious now! Thanks for stopping by at my blog but also posting this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!