Waiting on Wednesday 248


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose: 

"Winterspell"
by Claire Legrand
Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Release Date:  Sep 30, 2014

The clock chimes midnight, a curse breaks, and a girl meets a prince . . . but what follows is not all sweetness and sugarplums.

New York City, 1899. Clara Stole, the mayor's ever-proper daughter, leads a double life. Since her mother's murder, she has secretly trained in self-defense with the mysterious Drosselmeyer.

Then, on Christmas Eve, disaster strikes.

Her home is destroyed, her father abducted--by beings distinctly not human. To find him, Clara journeys to the war-ravaged land of Cane. Her only companion is the dethroned prince Nicholas, bound by a wicked curse. If they're to survive, Clara has no choice but to trust him, but his haunted eyes burn with secrets--and a need she can't define. With the dangerous, seductive faery queen Anise hunting them, Clara soon realizes she won't leave Cane unscathed--if she leaves at all.

Inspired by The Nutcracker, Winterspell is a dark, timeless fairy tale about love and war, longing and loneliness, and a girl who must learn to live without fear.
The Nutcracker!!!! Omigod, omigod, omigod!!!!! Need I say more??

What are you waiting for this week???

13 comments

  1. Ooh nice! Saw this one maybe last week somewhere! Sounds intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! Adding to my TBR list too. Thanks for sharing it and for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks beautiful and I've never read anything based on the Nutcracker so I'm keen to try this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, this is the 3rd time I've seen this book on a WOW. guess I'll definitely have to add it to my list. My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is beautiful but also creepy! It sounds interesting though! I love dark fairy tales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks gorgeous, but a little creepy! I hadn't heard of this, thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely curious about this one. I have never read a book featuring the Nutcracker before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE The Nutcracker and I have never seen this one before. I am going to add it to my TBR list immediately. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I'm definitely going to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO excited for this book! Inspired by The Nutcracker? I'm sold.

    Great WOW pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am SO excited for this one. The cover is GORGEOUS and the premise is AMAZING. Fab pick, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!