Waiting on Wednesday 252


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose: 

"Empire Girls"
by Suzanne Hayes and Loretta Nyhan
Harlequin Mira
Release Date:  May 27, 2014


The critically acclaimed authors of I'll Be Seeing You return with a riveting tale of two sisters, set in the intoxicating world of New York City during the Roaring Twenties.

Ivy and Rose Adams may be sisters, but they're nothing alike. Rose, the eldest, is the responsible one, while Ivy is spirited and brazen. After the unexpected death of their father, the women are left to reconcile the estate, when they make a shocking discovery: not only has their father left them in financial ruin, but he has also bequeathed their beloved family house to a brother they never knew existed. With only a photograph to guide the way, Ivy and Rose embark to New York City, determined to find this mysterious man and reclaim what is rightfully theirs.

Once in New York, temptations abound at every turn, and soon the sisters are drawn into the glitzy underbelly of Manhattan, where they must overcome their differences and learn to trust each other if they're going to survive in the big city and find their brother. Filled with unforgettable characters and charm, Empire Girls is a love letter to 1920s New York, and a captivating story of the unspoken bond between sisters.


NYC in the 20s sounds like such an amazing setting! The cover is fantastic and makes the book look like so much fun!

What are you waiting for this week???

6 comments

  1. I haven't heard of this one before, but I don't typically read too much historical fiction.

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1920s NYC setting? Say no more, I'm in! I'm kind of obsessed with books that take place in NYC in the 1920s, so I'm definitely excited to read this book. I hope you enjoy it when you get to read it!
    My WoW
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I had the opportunity to read an ARC and I liked it. I hope you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to read this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the time period!! :D
    I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. NYC in the 20s is my #1 pick of time and place I would visit with a time machine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!