Sunday Shout Out (8)


Recently, I introduced a new feature here at In the Hammock on Sundays. It's called "Sunday Shout Out" and it's a place where I can give a special shout out to those publishers and authors who have sent me books over the week, as well as those bloggers who have hosted contests that I've won! I'll also be giving shout outs to any other cool books, blogs or bookish news that I've spotted during the week.

Check out my first Sunday Shout Out post for even more info, here!

 (original image from The Graphics Fairy)
For Review

"The Gifted" by Ann H. Gabhart


I love her Shaker series!  

"Katrina and Winter: Partners in Courage" by Nancy Stewart


I loved this book, you can see my review here.


"Changeling" by Kelly Meding
 

"Tallie's Hero" by Sara Luck


"Claiming the Heart" by Sara Luck


Contest Wins
"Foodtrients" by Grace O


won from Book Club Classics


"A Perfect Square" by Vanetta Chapman


won from Shirley's blog


Book News

This won't be 'new' news to many of you, but just in case you haven't seen it yet, Entertainment Weekly features the first pics of Renesme from Twilight on this week's cover! I was excited to see this for sure! EW.com also has more pics on their site and in the magazine.


Also, has anyone actually seen the version of the cover with Jacob? I got the original version in the mail, and it didn't say anything about collecting more covers. I want the Jacob cover!

These pics and more found at Entertainment Weekly here: EW

I have a new contest going on right now! 




If you would like to do your own Sunday Shout out, please add the button that links back to this post, and leave your link in the linky section this weekend so I can check it out, and so that other readers can stop by too!! Please remember to add the button so we can get the word out about the event!

(Original image from The Graphics Fairy)


26 comments

  1. Honestly, I don't think I'd read any of these but I really hope you enjoy them! :)
    And that Twilight news got me even more excited!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second cover of Entertainment Bella looks fierce! I haven't gotton mine in the mail,maybe Mon, I hope! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice reads! Those are new to me, so I hope you enjoy all of them!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome books this week!! I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly and the article on Breaking Dawn Part Two was really interesting :)

    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/06/stacking-shelves-and-weekly-update-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Sara Luck novels look so yummy! haha, hope you enjoy all you got and thanks for stopping by my STS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of any of these books but they sure look pretty good. I hope you enjoy them all! Also, I'm super excited for Breaking Dawn part 2 to come out!

    Happy reading! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Foodtrients looks interesting. Always looking for healthier eating tips! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really cool graph for the Shout Out!
    :d
    And nice books! I hope you enjoy them all! and Renesme looks a lot like the other two! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books! They are all new to me, hope you enjoy them all. Thanks for dropping by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time coming across all the titles! Hope you'll enjoy reading them. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog :). I don't know any of these books but I hope you'll enjoy reading them.
    Happy reading - Bonne lecture !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy all your books, Carrie, and have a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great wrap up post, hun! I like the look of Foodtrients and Changeling too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every time I see RE and Jacob together and I am just so freaking creeped out

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy all of your books- they all look really good. Thanks for sharing the Twilight/EW covers- I had no idea. I must be out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not really aware of most of these books but Changeling looks like an interesting read!

    Here's my Book Haul post.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the variety of your books! Have a great week :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice selection of books. You have some books I've never heard. Thanks for visiting me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great haul. Love the Sara Luck covers. I wouldn't mind getting one of those, lol!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice haul! Haven't heard of Changeling, but I love Kelly Meding so need to order a copy! Happy reading!

    Here are my books.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hadn't seen the cover with Jacob so thanks for sharing lol. I wasn't really excited for this movie until I saw this. Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The issue of EW that I got in the mail was the one with Jacob on the cover. The article was really good- I'm looking forward to seeing the movie in November.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the magazine cover- I'm probably the last person to see it! Although is it just me or are K-Stew and R-Pattz starting to look like brother and sister!? Scarily similar. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome haul, so many cowboy books :D Also, Renesmee is so adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a lot of romance reads. I'd have to put a book cover on some of them, just so I don't get weird looks from people while sitting by the pool. As to the EW cover, I actually haven't been following the Twilight movies. I've seen the first and second one, and we laughed pretty much all the way through. I follow the 'it ruined the book for me' crowd with those movies. Still, great haul!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!