"Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight" Review

"Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight"
by Grace Burrowes

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Release Date: Oct 1, 2012
Source: ARC sent by publisher

My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

Summary from goodreads.com:
No one would ever guess that Lady Louisa, the most reserved of the Duke of Moreland's daughters, had published a book of racy poems under a pseydonym on a dare. Before she can buy and destroy all of the copies, a dastardly fortune hunter seeks to compromise her reputation by revealing her secret identity at a holiday ball.

Before she can be publicly ruined, close family friend Sir Joseph Carrington saves the day by offering to marry Louisa. As he recites poetry to her, waltzes with her by starlight, and showers her with lovely kisses, they both begin to discover that their match may be the best Christmas gift either has ever received...

My Review:

I love this author's books, and this was a wonderful addition to a fantastic series! I love that her characters don't fit the mold of broody alpha male and oh so innocent debutante. Her characters are rich and varied in their personalities and emotional depth.

Another great aspect of Burrowes' writing is that she puts in these great little details that may seem insignificant at the time, but later they will come into play in a big way. You really need to pay attention to every word or you will miss something very important. This extra effort is really the icing on the cake for these wonderful stories.

Joseph is so sweet, in a way that we don't often see in historicals. He's so quiet, and content as a pig farmer, but don't think he isn't strong. He protects those he loves, and his sense of honor is outstanding. I really liked that this wasn't a 'jump into bed' type of story. That really would have been out of character for both Joseph and Louisa. The way their romance formed slowly and 'properly' was just right for them.

Louisa's big secret of the poetry she has written was a little overblown, just because I don't think Joseph would have ever given it a second thought. It wouldn't have been important to him, but unfortunately Louisa didn't realize that. Joseph's secrets were more intriguing to me, and they came together slowly, like pieces of a puzzle.

Main Characters: 5/5
Supporting Characters: 5/5
Setting: 5/5

Romance: 5/5

Uniqueness: 4/5
Cover: 4/5
Writing: 5/5


Bottom Line: Another great addition to the Windhams series! I loved seeing my old favorite characters back in action, and it was great getting to know the new characters better too!

5 comments

  1. They secrets are always so overblown, but well, eh, I am in it for the romance anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO i love the cover and your review has me excited to read this, tagging it for Nov/DEC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, it does sound cute! I hope I can read this one soon, though I'm not sure I've tried this author before :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that this is different from most romance novels, it gets boring reading about exactly the same characters, over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review!! I am excited to read this one, I have enjoyed the series so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!