Sunday Shout Out (6)



Recently, I introduced a new feature here at In the Hammock on Sundays. It's called "Sunday Shout Out" and it's a place where I can give a special shout out to those publishers and authors who have sent me books over the week, as well as those bloggers who have hosted contests that I've won! I'll also be giving shout outs to any other cool books, blogs or bookish news that I've spotted during the week.

Check out my first Sunday Shout Out post for even more info, here!

Contest Wins

"Empress of the Seven Hills" by Kate Quinn

 

won from Peeking Between the Pages

"Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend" by Matthew Dicks


won from St. Martin's


Books for Review
"At Last" by Jill Shalvis


 "The Legend of Mickey Tussler" by Frank Nappi



"Sophomore Campaign: A Mickey Tussler Novel" by Frank Nappi


I really enjoyed the movie based on these books: A Mile in His Shoes

Book News


Tor has posted a free short story prequel to "Of Poseidon" by Anya Banks to read on their website, no downloading or e-reader necessary.  The story is called "Legacy Lost." It's pretty short but it's definitely worth reading if you've already read the novel or if you are trying to decide if you want to buy it or not. Enjoy!

I first saw this story posted at the Radiant Shadows blog.



I have a ton of contests going on right now! 


"Lucky in Love" by Jill Shalvis Ends 6/8

"Tempest Rising" Autographed by Tracy Deebs Ends 6/10

If you would like to do your own Sunday Shout out, please link back to this post, and leave your link in the comments section this weekend so I can check it out, and so that other readers can stop by too!!


22 comments

  1. Fun! Thanks for stopping by Libby Blog and commenting on Our Week in Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of any of these but Of Poseidon. The rest look really interesting though! Especially Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend. Hope you enjoy them all!
    Tahnks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about the imaginary friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice loot! Hopefully you'll like At Last better than Lucky in Love. :) --Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all the wins! :) I hope you enjoy all your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really curious about Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend. I love the cover!

    Thank for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I really want to read poseidon, this books sounds really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought Of Poseidon was awesome :)!
    Great wins! I never win anything lol

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul! At Last sounds like a fun Summer read. Enjoy your books!

    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy the new week and your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy all your awesome new books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to swing over an read the Of Poseidon prequel story, so thank you for the heads up. Also, I hope you enjoy all your new books, and thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the baseball books :) I love sports books, especially in the summer! I'm going to have to look and see if they'd interest me :)

    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jill Shalvis books always look cute. I won on a long time ago but it never came. I want to try something of hers sometime. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Empress of the Seven Hills looks good!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice haul! I really want to read Of Poseidon sometime soon (: I might even purchase it in an upcoming haul. Hope you enjoy all teh books you get! Thanks for stopping by :P

    - Kim @ Kim Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you enjoy all your fab books! I'm gonna check out the prequel to Of Poseidon - really want to read that book!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You gotta love Jill Shalvis. :) Hope you enjoy Poseidon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhhhh I really want to get that Of Poseidon prequel!! I loved that book, I think it would be great to see what happened before!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Shout Out this week!
    I got a couple of the same books - Lucky in Love! :d

    I hope you enjoy all your booksies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love historical fiction so Empress of the Seven Hills appeals to me more

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!