Sunday Shout Out 28


Recently, I introduced a new feature here at In the Hammock on Sundays. It's called "Sunday Shout Out" and it's a place where I can give a special shout out to those publishers and authors who have sent me books over the week, as well as those bloggers who have hosted contests that I've won! I'll also be giving shout outs to any other cool books, blogs or bookish news that I've spotted during the week.


For Review
"Swoon: Great Seducers and Why Women Love Them" by Betsy Prioleau


This looks so fun! And just in time for Valentine's Day!

"Rimfire Bride" by Sara Luck
 

I received a finished copy of this one.

"Steampunk: HG Wells" by  HG Wells, Illustrated by Zdenko Basic


HG Wells classic tales with new steampunk illustrations!

"The Best Man" by Kristan Higgins
 

A great contemporary romance writer.
Contest Wins
"Little Critter: Snowball Soup" by Mercer Mayer


This book is autographed by Mercer Mayer! So awesome! I love it :)
Won from Jinxy Kids

Kindle Freebie
Check out this free book available for Kindle Feb 10-14!

"Let Them Eat Cake" by Sandra Byrd


Kindle

You may recognize the author as the writer of a Tudor historical fiction book, "To Die For". You can read my review here.

Stop by Renee's blog for more info about the series and a contest to win some yummy petit fours!
Contests
 
 

12 comments

  1. Thanks so much for posting Sandra's giveaway and her Kindle freebie! :-)

    xoxo,
    Renee C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That H.G. Wells book with steampunk illustrations o_o! Gorgeous! WANT! :)) Fab haul, Carrie, I hope you enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice haul! Haven't read any of those but hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Best Man looks like a fun story. I read Let Them Eat Cake back when it was first published. I like the new cover! Swoon does look funny but the lady on the cover doesn't look in danger of falling for the gentleman (who looks kind of silly).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you had a fantastic week. Since I read the Madman's Daughter I've been meaning to read some HG Wells.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Best Man looks cute, and the HG Wells one looks fascinating!

    Hope you enjoy everything :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books!! and the DVD, I remember you talked about it before. And the Swoon book sounds so good!! :D I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HG & Steampunk illustrations? AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for including Cake in your haul. I'll be checking out some of the others myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul. Happy reading!

    Old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/02/stacking-shelves-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a steampunk Edgar Allen Poe book that is just gorgeous. Same illustrator. I guess it's a series.

    I want the Best Man - because there's a dog on the cover lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!