Waiting On Wednesday (15)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:
"Maid to Match"
by Deeanne Gist
Bethany House Publishers
Release Date: June 1, 2010

The following description is from Goodreads.com:


From the day she arrives at the Biltmore, Tillie Reese is dazzled--by the riches of the Vanderbilts and by Mack Danvers, a mountain man turned footman. When Tillie is enlisted to help tame Mack's rugged behavior by tutoring him in the ways of refined society, the resulting sparks threaten Tillie's efforts to be chosen as Edith Vanderbilt's lady's maid. But the stakes rise even higher when Mack and Tillie become entangled in a cover-up at the town orphanage. They could both lose their jobs...and their hearts.

The author has just posted an exclusive excerpt on her site here!

I can't wait for this one!! I just finished a short story by Emily Bryan in "A Christmas Ball" that featured a maid falling in love with a footman, and I just loved the plot!! It's so different than they typical historical romance with the aristocracy.

Does anyone know of any other books with this type of theme? I'd love any suggestions that you have, especially historical romance!!

What are you waiting on this week??

8 comments

  1. Omigosh, a maid story? I might just have to scoop this one up for myself. Been a long time since I read a historical that wasn't a Regency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seldom read historical romance but sometime they are readable for me *LOL*. but this one really sounds interesting carrie. i bet i would like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I love this cover. I have been meaning to try Gist for ages. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Deeanne Gist's romance novels. This one has been on my TBR list. Can't wait till it is published. I am going to read the excerpt to tide me over! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, this theme does sound good and different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh! I love historical fiction/romance! Good choice and thanks for visiting my Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sound a little like a Cinderella story, without the evil step relations. Should be worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just picked up a few Gist books and so can't wait to read them...they look like pure fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!