Waiting On Wednesday (22)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Nightshade
"
by Andrea Cremer
Philomel
Release Date: Oct 19, 2010


The following description is from Goodreads.com:

While other teenage girls daydream about boys, Calla Tor imagines ripping out her enemies’ throats. And she wouldn’t have it any other way. Calla was born a warrior and on her eighteenth-birthday she’ll become the alpha female of the next generation of Guardian wolves. But Calla’s predestined path veers off course the moment she saves the life of a wayward hiker, a boy her own age. This human boy’s secret will turn the young pack's world upside down and forever alter the outcome of the centuries-old Witches' War that surrounds them all.

Oooh, I love how the girl is the supernatural creature instead of the boy in this one! And I definitely love that she sounds so strong!! Don't you love the cover?? It seems to contrast with the description a little, but that can be a good thing!


Ok, I'm cheating a little because this is not a book but I can't help it- I absolutely can't wait for the Prince of Persia movie!!

"Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time"
Walt Disney Pictures
Release Date: May 28, 2010

Summary from IMDB.com:

Set in the mystical lands of Persia, a rogue prince (Jake Gyllenhaal) and a mysterious princess (Gemma Arterton) race against dark forces to safeguard an ancient dagger capable of releasing the Sands of Time -- a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world. Written by Walt Disney Pictures


What are you waiting for this week???

31 comments

  1. Oooh I loved Nightshade! Go check out my review here: http://naughtybookkitties.blogspot.com/2010/05/book-review-nightshade.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super excited for Nightshade also. The cover is absolutely gorgous. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nightshade sound fantastic. Prince of Persia...I cannot wait for that movie. Thank goodness we do not have to wait that long for the movie, but Nightshade...dang, wish we did not have to wait until October.
    Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nightshade look like a book title mistwood...if i'm not mistaken..but cool =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover and the story looks amazing.
    lol!!! I picked a TV show for my pick this week...great minds!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices! I can’t wait for Nightshade! Prince of Persia looks fantastic. Jake Gyllenhaal is looking seriously lovely in this movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The prettiest cover that ever was! I've moved from cover-love to cover-obsession!

    And Jake Gyllenhaal...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brent and Emily, AWEsome review!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Morgan, isn't the cover beautiful!?

    Ibeeg, I'm definitely happy I only have to wait a few more weeks for Prince of Persia!

    Darlyn, the cover does really look like Mistwood!! Same lavender color...

    Karen, LOL yes great minds think alike...I just couldn't help it, the movie is really what I can't wait for :)

    Mama Bookworm, ah Jake.. Jake.. Jake... seriously lovely indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nightshade - OH AWESOME PICK! I love LOVE the look of this one...eak...so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover of Nightshade and it sounds soo good!!

    Great choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for adding that movie to the post. I didn't know that this movie was coming out, Jake Gyllenhaal looks hot.

    The book sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That nightshade cover is absolutely GORGEOUS!
    And the PRince of Persia movie looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nightshade sound fantastic. Can't wait either.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As picky as I am about all these YA paranormal books, I am so glad to know that there are slowly more books coming out where the girl is the paranormal being. The cover is very striking with all the purple, and in some weird way, it reminds me of the reissues of the Thirst books, despite the huge color differences.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nightshade does sound good and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pictures of both! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm waiting...for your reviews! Nightshade cover is great. The Prince of Persia doesn't look too shabby either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow I can't wait for either of these things!! The book sounds amazing I love strong female characters and the movie is right up my alley!! I love this period in history!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not really loving all the paranormal stuff out there...but this one, with a girl as the lead character, just might be an exception.

    Here's my WOW:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/05/05/waiting-on-wednesday-8/

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg I can't wait for Prince of Persia either! ahhhh both are such great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picks! So looking forward to the POP. He's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The book and the movie both look great! I already pre-ordered Nightshade, I just KNOW that I'm going to love it! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nightshade sounds terrific and the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooo, both book and movie are great picks this week! looking forward to prince of persia - yay jake!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nightshade is definitely on my wishlist! Great pick! Also, Jake Gyllenhaal is delicious. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great pick! Nightshade-- will have to add this to my TBR list. I agree with Violet- Yumm.....Jake Gyllenhal! Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hadn't heard of this, but I love that cover! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nightshade looks awesome! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  29. ..wow, what a cover! One of the prettiest I have seen this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!