Waiting on Wednesday (25)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Cate of the Lost Colony"

by Lisa M. Klein
Bloomsbury
Release Date: Oct 12, 2010

The following description is from Goodreads.com


The greatest unsolved mystery of American history--what happened to all the colonists who landed on Roanoke Island in 1587? This novel traces the fortunes and misfortunes of one Cate Archer, banished to Virginia by a jealous Queen Elizabeth because of her dalliance with Sir Walter Ralegh. What will be her fate in this dangerous New World?


I love historical fiction and this one is even based on truth! I can't wait to read more about this story, it sounds fascinating! The cover is so gorgeous, I love it!

What are you waiting for this week??

17 comments

  1. ooh, I love the sound of this one, and the cover is beautiful! Nice pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the Roanoke mystery! It's a good historical dilemma to focus a book on. I'm waiting on Cheat the Grave by Vicki Pettersson...it came out today, but I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee thanks...yet another book that I will be adding to my wishlist that I probably won't get to read til the next decade LOL!

    I have an award for you here: http://steelergirl83.blogspot.com/2010/05/awards-day.html

    If you don't have time to add it don't feel bad just wanted to share the love :-)

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting and the cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my pick last week- I think it sounds awesome! I am glad you excited for it, too. I adore the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following me from the product review place! I am now your newest follower!

    Mellisa
    www.funsavingmoney.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick, looks very intriguing. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound wonderful, and the cover is fabulous!

    Here's mine:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/05/waiting-on-wednesday-11/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does sound like a fascinating piece of history and a book to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh ya I am definitely waiting on this one. I have always been intrigued by Roanoke and am anxious to see what Klein's take is on this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic choice! Cate of the Lost Colony sounds wonderful. And I do love that cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog always reminds me that I need to pick up a historical fiction novel STAT. It's been way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the sound of this one. I'm definitely adding it to my TBR right now. I also think the cover model is totally gorgeous =)

    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cover! And I love books about what happened at Roanoke, so great choice!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the sound of this one. Thanks! You don't see Cate spelled that way often. It happens to be my Hub's nickname.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!