Waiting on Wednesday (23)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Infinity" (Chronicles of Nick #1)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon
St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: May 25, 2010


The following description is from Goodreads.com:


At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity. Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead. But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he’s next on the menu. As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?


I love Sherrilyn's historical romances (writing as Kinley MacGregor) so I'm excited to see that she has a YA paranormal coming out! It seems like a couple of romance authors (Sophie Jordan's Firelight) are expanding into YA, my two favorite genres!!

What are you waiting for this week?

15 comments

  1. I love the DarkHunters and can't wait for this one about Nick!! GREAT choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick, this looks good. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..Another cool YA book =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! I read Fantasy Lover which I enjoyed so I’m curious to see how she handles YA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of her other books, but this one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally lurving the cover of this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, this one does sound really good. Another one to add to the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds SO good! I might want to check out this author's historical romances!

    Mine's here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to read this one!

    Our pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore that cover...zombies...vampires?? I'm in! and not too much longer to wait! I may have to go pre-order right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo this looks really good!! I love it when authors branch out to YA! Thanks for sharing this!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! i'm glad she's doing some YA. she can be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was my WoW pick a few weeks ago! Can't wait to read it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too can't wait for this one to come out. Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!