Waiting on Wednesday (21)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"
Firelight"
by Sophie Jordan
Harper Teen
Release Date: Sep 7, 2010

The following description is from Goodreads.com:

With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness leads her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades. The one thing that revives it is Will, whose family hunts her kind. Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.


What makes me really excited for this book is that Sophie Jordan is one of my favorite historical romance authors! When I saw that she had written a paranormal YA novel, I knew I had to read it! I love dragon shapeshifters, too, and what a cover!!

What are you waiting for this week???

17 comments

  1. Lovely cover! Want that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This books sounds great! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a book I'd love. The cover is gorgeous. I enjoy books about dragons. I bet it will have a great romance in it too if the author is also a historical romance novelist. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good. One to add to the wishlist!

    My WoW is up on the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome! I've never read a book about dragons. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firelight really has lots of elements I like in a YA novel and adding dragons I am buying it. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to read this! It's next on my list of ARCs to pick up. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been a fan of paranormal books, but this one sounds really intriguing. I guess you had me at the cover...with the red-haired character.

    My WOW:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/04/28/waiting-on-wednesday-7/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, descendants of dragons? Great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover for this one! It's pretty..lol. Can't wait to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never read this author, but this book sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does sound quite good! The cover is kind of beautiful, and I kind of weird. . . which is intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for checking out my WoW post! Yours is in my wishlist too! It has such a lovely cover and an interesting premise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't even heard of this author before, but this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love when we get a brand new "paranormal" trait that inspires what sounds like an awesome new book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!