Healthy Habits (1) Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

I've been thinking a lot about living a healthier lifestyle lately, and I wanted to incorporate the things I've found into my blog posts! So today I'm making my first "Healthy Habits" post, which I hope will become a weekly post for me! I don't want the posts to be about dieting or exercising obsessively, I want them to be an inspiration to be healthy!!



Today's Healthy Habits post focuses on "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution." For those of you who haven't seen Jamie's show on ABC (Fridays at 9!), he's trying to change the American way of eating, (you know processed foods that are basically just chemicals and other junk that have no business in our bodies) and focus on fresh, healthy foods, as well as cooking as a way of life and something to share with family and friends!

Jamie has set up an online petition that is focusing on getting better foods in kids' school lunch programs, as well as keeping cooking skills alive. Go ahead and sign the petition, it only takes a few seconds, and its a start to a healthier way of life. Over 430,000 Americans have signed so far!

Don't forget about Jamie's Food Revolution Cookbook, I can't wait to get this one and start cooking some of the healthy meals.

14 comments

  1. Oh cool. My hubby would love this. He's become quite the fan of his Food Revolution show. Have you watched it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie Oliver is my hero, he is so good! I watched his first episode, and his British-ness is contagious :D This is a great post, I'll be sure to sign the petition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kirthi! Jamie is awesome :) Thanks for signing the petition!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this article. What Jamie's doing is wonderful & I wish more people would eat less junk and pay more attention to eating healthy, whole foods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jamie's show, it's quite the eye-opener. Thanks for the info, I'm signing up for this petition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. notesfromnadir, I totally agree!!

    Thanks for signing the petition, Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for jamie! i liked his naked chef show. i haven't seen this one yet. but staying away from a lot of processed food is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have watched every episode of Jamie's show, my husband and I love it. Along with you and hopefully many more Americans, I am trying to incorporate healthier foods in our diet. Yay for your post, Carrie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. vvb32, I agree!! Maybe you can check out the show tonight :)

    Thank you , reader!! I love the show too, I can't believe it's the season finale tonight! Hopefully there will be another season!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a big fan of Jamie Oliver because he's always seemed just a bit pretentious to me, as though he thinks that he's better than the rest of the world. I haven't watched him on American TV mostly because I learned to dislike him when I lived in the UK.

    What he's doing for school lunch programs is awesome, though. I've read a lot on this subject, since I'm constantly looking for reasons why we have already chosen to home school our daughter (yes, I know how backward that is).

    I've just started my garden for this year so that we can begin our own process of eating healthier foods. I got the seeds from the Dinner Garden and plan on canning what's left over as well as helping out some families in need.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Jamie Oliver, but haven't watched his new show yet. Got a kick out of his Naked Chef show, so will give this one a try. Thanks for letting us know about the petition!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! I love Jamie's Food Revolution and I am impressed that you are making a goal to eat better! I have been keeping a food journal in order to help me track my eating and it seems to help.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alexia, hopefully there will be a second season of his show!!

    Beth, I love the show too! the food journal sounds like a great idea to keep track of healthy eating! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!