Waiting on Wednesday (62)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Sweetly"
by Jackson Pearce
Little, Brown
Release Date: Aug 23, 2011


The following description is from goodreads.com:

SWEETLY is a modernization of Hansel and Gretel and a companion book to SISTERS RED.

Twelve years ago, Gretchen, her twin sister, and her brother went looking for a witch in the forest. They found something. Maybe it was a witch, maybe a monster, they aren’t sure—they were running too fast to tell. Either way, Gretchen’s twin sister was never seen again.

Years later, after being thrown out of their house, Gretchen and Ansel find themselves in Live Oak, South Carolina, a place on the verge of becoming a ghost town. They move in with Sophia Kelly, a young and beautiful chocolatier owner who opens not only her home, but her heart to Gretchen and Ansel.

Yet the witch isn’t gone—it’s here, lurking in the forests of Live Oak, preying on Live Oak girls every year after Sophia Kelly’s infamous chocolate festival. But Gretchen is determined to stop running from witches in the forest, and start fighting back. Alongside Samuel Reynolds, a boy as quick with a gun as he is a sarcastic remark, Gretchen digs deeper into the mystery of not only what the witch is, but how it chooses its victims. Yet the further she investigates, the more she finds herself wondering who the real monster is, and if love can be as deadly as it is beautiful.

You know I love retellings, and "Hansel and Gretel" is one of my faves! That cover is fierce, I gotta say!! If you haven't noticed the witch's face, take a second look!

What are you waiting for this week??

18 comments

  1. Sweetly looks flippin awesome! So does Sister's Red *sugh* I really need to read them. Great WOW! ^-^

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that this book was a re-telling of Hansel and Gretel. I really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I didn't notice the witch the first time! Great cover. The story sounds catching, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an intense cover! I wasn't the biggest fan of Sisters Red, but maybe I'll give this one a try. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really starting to like retellings too. That cover is creepy! Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Sisters Red and am excited to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is definitely on my list too, Great pick!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover rocks. I prefer it to the Sister Red one - it's so creepy! And the story itself sounds great; I always liked Hansel and Gretel too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not read Sister Red but how could I miss a retelling of Hansel and Gretel? Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover!

    Great pick
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one sounds great! I really liked Sisters Red.

    My WoW:
    http://unicornsilovethem.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cover is so cool!!
    I don't know about the book though, I tried to read sisters read but didn't like it much, it wasn't my style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cover is soooo creepy.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have not read Sisters Red yet. Okay..that sounds redundant. Lol I agree with Sally, I love the creepy cover. I like how it's a double image too or whatever you call that. Cool choice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweetly looks absolutely amazing, and the cover is creepily brilliant!

    Thanks for your comment, and I agree: Exile has a brilliant cover!

    Hope you get what you're wishing for soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pick! I've yet to read this book too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!