Waiting on Wednesday (223)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Renegade"
by J.A. Souders
Tor Teen
Release Date: Nov 13, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

Since the age of three, sixteen-year-old Evelyn Winters has been trained to be Daughter of the People in the underwater utopia known as Elysium. Selected from hundreds of children for her ideal genes, all her life she’s thought that everything was perfect; her world. Her people. The Law.

But when Gavin Hunter, a Surface Dweller, accidentally stumbles into their secluded little world, she’s forced to come to a startling realization: everything she knows is a lie. Her memories have been altered. Her mind and body aren’t under her own control. And the person she knows as Mother is a monster.

Together with Gavin she plans her escape, only to learn that her own mind is a ticking time bomb... and Mother has one last secret that will destroy them all.
I'm intrigued by the underwater society! Yet, she doesn't look like a mermaid on the cover. Hmmmm, Atlantis-ish, maybe?

What are you waiting for this week???

14 comments

  1. Oooooooooo sounds good and like a different twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to this one too. I used it as my WoW a little while ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yes! I remember hearing about this at RT this year! It sounds very intriguing! I might have to get it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good, and I love the cover. The synopsis reminds me a bit of the Disney version of Atlantis haha. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renegade looks sooooooo good!! Not only is the cover gorgeous, but it sounds like an awesome book too. Great pick :)

    Nicole @ The Reader's Antidote

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good! I'm putting it on my wish list! Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh what is really going on? I do wanna know

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good- this one is definitely new-to-me, so thanks for sharing! I'll b adding it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does sound very intriguing, and I like it. It's like a spin of dysopia.
    I like the idea of the book! thanks for putting it on my radar :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really curious about this one. It sounds really good. I'll have to check it out when it comes out. Underwater society sounds interesting.
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking Atlantis too. She definitely doesn't look or sound like mermaid material. But could be wrong. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this one, too.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a new follower,
    this book looks good and is a pretty cover too.
    Here is my post if you want to stop by and see mine
    WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, this looks really good! I'll definitely have to check it out! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm looking forward to this! Pretty cover and intriguing story...underwater utopia?! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!