"The Amaranth Enchantment"


"The Amaranth Enchantment"
by Julie Berry

Source: Borrowed

My Rating: 5+ out of 5 stars

My Review:

"The Amaranth Enchantment" was an excellent fantasy book with lovable characters, a fast-paced plot, and a swoon-worthy romance!

Lucinda is an orphan, taken in by her uncle and wicked aunt. She is treated like a servant in their house and in their goldsmith shop. One day, everything changes when the mysterious woman known as the Amaranth Witch brings a spectacular gem into their shop to be set. The same day, Lucinda meets Prince Gregor, who is in search of a bauble to give his betrothed, whom he has never even met. Combine the magical world of the Amaranth Witch, the handsome and gallant Prince Gregor, a lovable street rat named Peter, and an endearingly loyal goat who thinks he's a dog, and you get one fantastic story!

I loved all of the characters in this book, and the way they were all so cleverly intertwined in each other's lives. Lucinda was a strong-willed heroine who had been through a lot, but she still had a soft and tender heart underneath it all. She wasn't so strong and hardened that she couldn't cry or be vulnerable with her emotions.

Lucinda's romance (almost a love triangle, actually) was just exactly what I love to read. Gregor and Lucinda's special night at the Winter Festival is exactly what every young girl dreams of. Gregor's small gestures of affection were heart stopping and really stood out as very romantic.

Peter was a lovable rascal and he was just like a cute puppy who you could never really be angry with no matter how many times he messes up. And Dog, the goat, practically steals the entire show-what a hero!

The only complaint I could possibly have about this book is that it could have been longer and the characters and situations even more fleshed out. There was so much to love, all of the scenes could have been even more in depth. However, the simplicity and innocence of the book was one of its charms.


Main Characters: 5/5
Supporting Characters: 5/5

Setting: 5/5
Romance: 5/5
Uniqueness: 5/5
Cover: 5/5

Writing: 5/5



Bottom Line:
I loved this book and will definitely put it on my keeper shelf! The characters really put this story over the top!

15 comments

  1. This looks like an awesome book! I love the cover! I want to go out and get it now thanks to your review LOL! :-)

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember loving the cover and thinking it sounded good ~ I'm glad you liked it. Excellent review! I'll have to add it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good will have to check it out. Never heard of it before, Great Review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good -- shades of Harry Potter. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cover! This sounds incredible! This is definitely going on my TBR list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit this isnt something I would normally read but I loved your review. I also loved the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for reading my review, everyone! I think all of you will like it, let me know if you read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this lovely review! Happy reading, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by, Julie!! I really loved your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. O I am so glad you loved it! I loved it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of this book before, but it sounds so good! I'll have to put it on my TBR list! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Juju, I'm glad we both loved it, too! It was sooo good!

    Corrine, thanks for visiting and reading my review :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh, the book sounds really really cute! I can't wait to get my hands on this, i've never even heard of this novel before!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for reading my review, Ruby!! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!