Waiting on Wednesday (8)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:
"Jekel Loves Hyde"
by Beth Fantaskey

Harcourt Children's Books
Release Date: May 3, 2010

The following description is from Goodreads.com:


Jill Jekel has always obeyed her parents’ rules – especially the one about never opening the mysterious, old box in her father’s office. But when her dad is murdered, and her college savings disappear, she's tempted to peek inside, as the contents might be key to a lucrative chemistry scholarship. To better her odds, Jill enlists the help of gorgeous, brooding Tristen Hyde, who has his own dark secrets locked away. As the team of Jekel and Hyde, they recreate experiments based on the classic novel, hoping not only to win a prize, but to save Tristen’s sanity. Maybe his life. But Jill’s accidental taste of a formula unleashes her darkest nature and compels her to risk everything – even Tristen’s love – just for the thrill of being… bad.

Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde isn't the most obvious choice for the inspiration for a YA novel, and I think that's part of what makes this book so intriguing to me. Also, I love the fact that the heroine is wearing glasses on the cover, that's so cool!! Is she an unconventional, intelligent beauty?? I can't wait to find out all about Jekel and Hyde.

What are you waiting for this week??

15 comments

  1. I like your observation about the glasses! I agree, adds a little something to the cover :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick - Love the look of this one, and after seeing the trailer I cant wait to read it even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! I'm really looking forward to this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I loved Jessica's Guide so I have high hopes for this one. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I loved her first book, Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Darkside and am very excited to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick. I am really looking forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great read, love the cover.
    It is neat that the girl is wearing glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick. This one is on my tbr list. I need to read this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice! I too am waiting for this one. I enjoy the cover and it sounds really good. Unique too =)

    Here's my choice for this week if you'd like to check it out:

    http://creativitygone.blogspot.com/2010/01/day-409-waiting-on-wednesday-43.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing that I have seen this cover so many times and had not noticed the glasses!

    Great choice this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great one! I'm waiting on this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read this book! The synopsis sounds great and the cover is gorgeous!

    And yeah, Chris Pine as Nicholas is amazing! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!