"Seduced by His Touch"


"Seduced by His Touch"
by Tracy Anne Warren

Source: Bought

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

My Review:

Lord Jack Byron agrees to marry spinster-ish Grace Danvers in order to erase a large gambling debt owed to her father. However, Grace's father knows she won't agree to the situation outright. So Jack must win her heart before proposing. Jack starts to fall hard for Grace as he courts her, but will she still be in love with him if she finds out their entire courtship is based on a bet?

I liked that the focus was on the romance in this story, instead of a subplot, but the hero and heroine weren't likeable in my opinion. Jack was like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde to me. When he was good, he was so sweet-a loving and doting suitor to Grace. But when he was bad, he was so mean to her and did some really unforgiveable things. This back and forth made him unlikeable to me, I couldn't really appreciate the good things he did towards the end because I was already turned off. Poor Grace, I just felt sorry for her for most of the book. In the beginning, I felt bad because Jack was completely deceiving her. And then Jack just used her over and over again.


Main Characters: 2/5
Supporting Characters: 3/5
(there weren't really any that stood out)
Setting: 3/5
Romance: 2/5
Uniqueness: 3/5
Cover: 4/5
(awww, pretty)
Writing: 4/5


Bottom Line:
The writing was strong, but this book would have been better for me with a more honorable hero and a stronger heroine. I'm a fan of a sweeter, very romantic story, and this one didn't live up for me.

11 comments

  1. Sexy cover but I won't read it, if you didn't like it I probably won't! Thank you for the review!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies and your 'rogue-ish' romance. Why do the scoundrels get all the fun? Very sexy cover. Red's my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo great review! Such a bummer when one of the lead characters doesn't jive.

    I dig the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading my review, Kirk and Juju!! The scoundrels do get to have all the fun :) I love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great, honest review! too bad the romance didn't live up to your expectations, eh? that's such a let-down :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Books are so disappointing when you don't like one of the main characters :(

    You have an award over at my blog. Reversing The Monotony :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover is great. But to bad that it didn't deliver for you, don't think i am going to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steamy cover! It's too bad that the characters just weren't better (and less Hot and Cold attitude-wise). Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful blog you have! I'm so glad you visited mine. I will definitely be back to read your posts.

    BTW, I have this one in my TBR. I agree the cover is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!