Waiting On Wednesday (10)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:
"Hawksmaid: The Untold Story of Robin Hood and Maid Marian"
by Kathryn Lasky

HarperCollins
Release Date: May 4, 2010 (goodreads says this was already released in October but I can only see it avail. for preorder)

The following description is from Goodreads.com:


She’s the headstrong daughter of Nottingham’s most famous falconer. But for Matty, hawks are more than family—they are her destiny. She can hear
their thoughts, speak their language, and sense their every wingbeat. When Matty finds Marigold, a golden-eyed merlin abandoned in the wild, their connection is instant and magical. Marigold becomes Matty’s closest winged companion and her fiercest ally under the tyranny of Prince John and the sheriff of Nottingham. It’s up to Matty, Marigold, and their old friend Robin to save England. A fantastical twist makes this a legendary world of royalty, daring adventure, and deadly peril that will appeal to fans of Gail Carson Levine and Shannon Hale. Newbery Honor author Kathryn Lasky soars to magnificent heights in this bold tale of bravery, romance, and the untold legend of Maid Marian and Robin Hood.


This looks like just the type of story that I love!! A strong heroine, an adventure, a romance, what's not to love?? And written by a great author too! I can't wait to read it!

What are you waiting for this week??

18 comments

  1. Ooh, this is wonderful. It sounds like a bit of everything...can I make this what I'm waiting for?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds like fun! I love retellings of legends. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love retellings too--especially when they involve a girl who kicks butt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun one. Thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one! I need to add this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, I love retellings as well. I am definitely going to look into ordering this for the library :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does sound interesting. You get her story and probably learn some falconry too. Enjoy. And thanks for visiting Fresh Ink Books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like fun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds fantastic! One more book added to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A happy ending? Love it!
    The cover is totally cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a book I would enjoy as well. Thanks for the comment on my page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the sound of this one! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hadn't heard of this one. Thanks for featuring it, as it sounds great and I'm adding it to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm waiting on this to I'm so pumped for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That does sound like a great book, I hope you enjoy it.
    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait for this one! I love strong heroines and pretty much anything to do with the Robin Hood legend (I never grow tired of it).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!