Waiting on Wednesday (43)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Eona"
by Alison Goodman
Viking Juvenile
Release Date: Apr 19, 2011

The following description is from goodreads.com:

Eon has been revealed as Eona, the first female Dragoneye in hundreds of years. Along with fellow rebels Ryko and Lady Dela, she is on the run from High Lord Sethon’s army. The renegades are on a quest for the black folio, stolen by the drug-riddled Dillon; they must also find Kygo, the young Pearl Emperor, who needs Eona’s power and the black folio if he is to wrest back his throne from the self-styled “Emperor” Sethon. Through it all, Eona must come to terms with her new Dragoneye identity and power—and learn to bear the anguish of the ten dragons whose Dragoneyes were murdered. As they focus their power through her, she becomes a dangerous conduit for their plans....

Eona, with its pulse-pounding drama and romance, its unforgettable fight scenes, and surprises, is the conclusion to an epic only Alison Goodman could create.


This looks like a girl power book to me!! I hadn't really heard anything about the first one in the series, but this one looks amazing! Has anyone read the first book??

What are you waiting for this week??

26 comments

  1. Lots of books about dragons coming out! Yippieee! The cover on this one is beautiful and I am also waiting on it! Great pick!



    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many great fantasy stories. It's amazing. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have not heard of this title before, but it sounds amazing. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I love the feel just after Halloween, bookies are the depths of hell lovers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds awesome! I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this series either; it definitely sounds promising. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good one and cover is pretty amazing. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds fantastic, Carrie! I've been wondering/waiting on it, myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unforgettable fight scenes - I kind of gathered that from the cover. Eona looks rather feisty, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the first one sitting in my TBR pile. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow..there sure is a lot to discover in that cover, beyond the obvious....gotta love the layered pictures. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this book. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read Eon--it's one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love me some dragons! Katie MacAlister’s dragon sept books are some of my favs! So happy with all these books coming out! New follow!

    -Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, can't believe I haven't heard of this one - it sounds awesome! Going to have to add this to my TBR pile! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This does ooze girl power! I love dragons. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not sure if I used correct English grammar in my previous comment. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting that a lot of the names are Japanese. I wonder if there's a big Asian influence.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've seen the first book and readlly want to try it. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great choice! Thanks for introducing me to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello fellow blogger! really enjoy your page. Have a brand new blog that i would love for you to come on over and check out and follow. The more followers i get you guys get to me doing giveaways!

    happy blogging!

    pruesbookblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a cover! I'd buy it just for the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love strong female main characters. And dragons. That's why I have both in my book coming out April 2011. This one sounds awesome, too. http://rryalsrussell.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!