Waiting on Wednesday 224


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Cleopatra Ascending"
by Maureen Lipinski
Flux
Release Date: Jan 8, 2013

The following description is from goodreads.com:

Sweet Sixteen = You're a Queen

Despite living with a shaman, a witch, and a muse for sisters, Rhea Spencer feels like a normal teenager-even if she is the reincarnation of Cleopatra. But all that changes on Rhea's sixteenth birthday, when her visions of the Egyptian queen start unraveling a very different version of history, and Declan, a hot representative of the secret Order of Antony, shows up on the doorstep to keep her from being kidnapped. Together, Rhea and Declan travel to Egypt to stop the Octavians, a dark cabal trying to tap into Rhea's growing powers. The cabal seeks to access the magic deep below the desert sands, a potentially devastating force that only Rhea can protect.
I'm a sucker for any book based on Cleopatra. I'm not 100% sure about the time travel element, but it will be a new twist for sure!

What are you waiting for this week???

20 comments

  1. I just saw this one yesterday and though it sounded really promising. I love anything with Cleopatra! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick! Haven't heard of it previously but I can definitely see why it caught your attention. Thanks for the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, this one seems interesting. I've never heard of it before, but any combination between urban fantasy and ancient history is very promising to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds really cool! I saw this on Net Galley - maybe you could make a request. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Seeing this around a lot lately! I did see it up on Netgalley too in case you hadn't heard yet!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds pretty good. I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice choice! I like the synopsis! Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks interesting. I haven't heard about it before but I hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would sound so good to me, but I have trouble taking it seriously, since it has a stock photo I first saw on another book (Astarte's Wrath by Trisha Wolfe). Why did the pubs do this? So weird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds interesting. I hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds good. Haven't read that many books about Cleopatra. Great pick.
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am interested in Egyptian fiction too though I usually prefer historical fiction (or the Kane Chronicles).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover, and I am always up for a story about Cleopatra. Great pick..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=4411

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds really cool, I haven't read a Cleopatra YA novel yet :-)

    Christina @ Ensconced in YA
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cover is lovely and yeah, the book sounds good!
    A good Cleopatra history is always welcome :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any books based on Cleopatra but the cover of this is just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like books about Cleopatra, as well, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one! But I didn't get the impression there's time travel - just that they go to Egypt. I assumed modern day. Hmm...I guess we'll see when the book releases! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. She had me at the new Cleo! Awesome. I can't wait for this review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!