Review: The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 2

"The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 2"
by HitRECord and Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Publisher: It Books (Harper Collins)
Release Date: Nov 13, 2012
Source: sent by publisher

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Summary from goodreads.com:  


Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt (The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, Looper, 500 Days of Summer) made a big splash with The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories - so now he’s back with volume 2! One of the most ingenious and successful projects to come out of Gordon-Levitt's online creative coalition hitRECord - an international collaboration of artists and writers - The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 2 offers more quirky, delightfully small, ingeniously illustrated haiku-like tales, proving once more that the universe isn’t made of atoms; it’s made of tiny stories. The best things do come in small packages.

My Review:

After reading the first Tiny Book of Tiny Stories last year, I knew  I had to read Volume 2, and I wasn't disappointed. The second installment seemed longer to me, which is a good thing. I felt like there were a few more tiny stories this time around. Otherwise, readers will find that this book is the same format that worked so well the first time around.

It's amazing how deep such a small story can be. I love that each reader will take something different away from each story. They will not mean the same thing to everyone. This is such a great thing about the book, and in that way, I think almost everyone will enjoy it.

If I had to choose a favorite, I would still say that Volume 1 was my favorite of the books. Possibly due to the novelty, but also I think there might have been a few more profound stories in the first installment. Still, this book is definitely worth the read and will please fans of the first book.

Since reading the first book, I have visited the website, hitRECord, where you can view submissions, tiny stories, and art. But there is something about the tiny little book format that is so enjoyable to read. You can curl up with a cup of tea and dream along with the stories.

Bottom Line: This book is definitely a keeper, it would make a wonderful and unexpected gift for the reader on your gift list!


Here are a few examples of the tiny stories in the book. You can check out more here:  http://www.hitrecord.org/store/tinystories

Click the pics to enlarge!



(images used with permission)

Here is what Joseph Gordon Levitt has to say about Volume 2




Check out my review of the first book, with more examples of Tiny Stories!


5 comments

  1. These are so darling. What cute stocking stuffers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO WANT TO READ THESE! The tininess is so freaking cute. :) I'm glad to hear they're good.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. good review. i love joseph so i'll jump on whatever he does

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fantastic and I'd never heard of it until you mentioned it on your book haul post. The illustrations look lovely and you're right, it would make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!