"The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories" Review

"The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 1"
by HitRECord and Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Publisher: It Books (Harper Collins)
Release Date: Dec 6, 2011 
Source: sent by publisher

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Summary from goodreads.com:  


HitRECord’s collaborative coalition of artists and writers are making history with The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 1, a collection of innovative crowd-sourced creative projects that pushes the limits of originality, cooperation, imagination, and inspiration. HitRECord, a grassroots creative collective founded by actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt, known worldwide for his performances in (500) Days of Summer and Inception, is a forum where thousands of artists worldwide share work and contribute to their peers’ projects in writing, music, videos, illustration, and beyond. Alongside Dean Haspiel’s ACT-I-VATE, a groundbreaking comics collective, and the photographer JR’s Inside Out Project, hitRECord is a haven for budding creatives. Now, the collective has edited together its most promising stories and illustrations to serve as its face in introducing the world to a new generation of talent, in The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories.

My Review:

This tiny little book is so original and refreshing. I gobbled it down in one sitting, and I simply adored all of the thought provoking tiny stories and beautiful, quirky illustrations.

The most interesting part about the tiny stories is that you can really make up the rest of the story yourself. They all definitely have a beginning, middle, and end, but the rest of the story is up for interpretation. It really makes every one's experience of reading the stories different.

It may not take long to read this one, but readers will likely want to keep this one on their shelves to read again and see how the stories might have changed.


Bottom Line: The perfect gift book for the reader who thinks they have read everything!

Below you can see a few examples of the tiny stories in the book. Click to enlarge them, it's worth it!





Check out this video made by Joseph Gordon-Levitt about the book:



7 comments

  1. Fab review. I realllllllllllllllly want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between your review and the video, I REALLY WANT TO READ THIS BOOK! :) It looks soooo cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. I've been wanting to read this one ever since I saw Joseph Gordon Levitt's video. It looks adorable! Thanks for the review. I really need to get this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds super original!
    I like the idea of it, will add to wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange..I like it :D And I like those pics in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it! It took me a second to get the first one, but I love it and must have it. What a great story starter book! Where did you find this??

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!