Waiting on Wednesday (98)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!


This week I chose:

"The Thorn and the Blossom: A Two-Sided Love Story"
by Theodora Goss
Quirk Books
Release Date: Jan 17, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

One enchanting romance. Two lovers keeping secrets. And a uniquely crafted book that binds their stories forever.

When Evelyn Morgan walked into the village bookstore, she didn’t know she would meet the love of her life. When Brendan Thorne handed her a medieval romance, he didn’t know it would change the course of his future. It was almost as if they were the cursed lovers in the old book itself . . .

The Thorn and the Blossom
 is a remarkable literary artifact: You can open the book in either direction to decide whether you’ll first read Brendan’s, or Evelyn’s account of the mysterious love affair. Choose a side, read it like a regular novel—and when you get to the end, you’ll find yourself at a whole new beginning.
This sounds so fun and innovative! And there's not long to wait!

What are you waiting for this week???

14 comments

  1. It really sounds like something unique and different!And that cover is so pretty!
    Thanks for spotlighting this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound pretty interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished this one. It was lovely. I loved the medieval feel and connections. It was also an interesting romance. I think you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh wow I love this cover! I have never seen it before either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds interesting and unique! Very nice find, :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love the sound of this! It's nice for a change. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O wow. I love this premise. I can not wait for you to read and review this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! That sounds like and amazing book. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes please! I'm dying to read this, too, and will most likely be purchasing a copy this Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this sounds really cool. I love books that have an interactive element like this (as long as the story is good, too, of course) so I'm definitely going to have to check this out. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Wendy Darling...this sounds really cool! I like the simple and elegant cover, too. I'm adding this one to my list on GR. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love with the synopsis & cover. Great pick & thank you for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!