"An Indecent Proposition"


"An Indecent Proposition"
by Emma Wildes

Source: Swapped

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars!

My review:

This book was so romantic! Emma Wildes was able to mix up a dreamy romance while the relationships remained totally realistic, not to mention there are some very funny parts of the story too.

Lady Caroline Wynn suffered in her arranged marriage. Her dead husband had put her down so forcefully, and often, that she started to believe she was incapable of feeling passion-just like he accused her. When infamous playboys Nicholas Manning, the Duke of Rothay, and Derek Drake, the Earl of Manderville, make a ridiculous bet over who is the better lover, Caroline sees it as a way to find out if her husband was right after all.

It's easy to see where this story will lead as soon as Caroline and Nicholas meet for the first time. The story becomes not about a game or a bet, but a slow, tender journey to love between two people scarred by their past relationships. Caroline was emotionally abused by her husband, and Nicholas was made cynical by his first love who crushed his heart.

I loved how there was a secondary romance and all four of the characters became friends through each other. Derek is a light contrast to Nicholas' serious intensity. He provides a lot of comic relief in his egging on of Nicholas. Derek's love for Annabel is just as strong as what Nicholas and Caroline feel for each other, and he's much more eager to let her know how he feels. But he has a huge mistake from the past that he must make up for before she will give him a chance.

Main Characters: 5/5
Supporting Characters: 5/5
(love the secondary romance!)
Setting: 4/5
Romance: 5/5
Uniqueness: 5/5
Cover: 4/5

Writing: 5/5



Bottom Line: I was very surprised, considering the premise of the wager, but this was one of the most sweetly romantic books I've read for awhile. I will definitely be reading Emma Wilde's next historical romance!

16 comments

  1. That cover is scandelicious! Great review, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the cover. And I love that you read romance and YA. My two favorite genres!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lisa and Laura! Yes, they are definitely my favorite genres, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amusing review..the cover sure is scandelicious like melissa mentioned..auw..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you SO much! your comment really means A LOT!!
    Blessings
    Keren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I like this book. Your review is great and I really like books with a good romance in it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Free Pretty Things for You and Nina!!
    Nina, I think you will like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover and your review! I just wrote down the title on a sticky note so I'll remember this one!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Lea!! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not typically into pure romance but this looks good and you said it had humor which I do love so I'm going to check it out and read it!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for reading my review, Karen!! I hope you like it, let me know what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Read it last night and I really liked it. Again, not my typical style of book but it had great characters........very romantic!

    karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!