Waiting on Wednesday (55)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Chime"
by Franny Billingsley
Dial
Release Date: Mar 17, 2011


The following description is from Goodreads.com: 

Before Briony's stepmother died, she made sure Briony blamed herself for all the family's hardships. Now Briony has worn her guilt for so long it's become a second skin. She often escapes to the swamp, where she tells stories to the Old Ones, the spirits who haunt the marshes. But only witches can see the Old Ones, and in her village, witches are sentenced to death. Briony lives in fear her secret will be found out, even as she believes she deserves the worst kind of punishment.
Then Eldric comes along with his golden lion eyes and mane of tawny hair. He's as natural as the sun, and treats her as if she's extraordinary. And everything starts to change. As many secrets as Briony has been holding, there are secrets even she doesn't know.

This one sounds really unique and I love the cover!! I haven't seen it around a lot, I'd love to know more about it!

What are you waiting for this week????

15 comments

  1. This sounds like a great book and I'm really looking forward to reading it. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great cover and the story sounds intriguing. Thanks for sharing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really good, and I love the name Briony (I don't know why, just do). And I do like the cover.
    Thanks for pointing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh. I agree - it sounds very original, and that cover is beautiful. I hope it's good! Great pick.

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW post here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely waiting on this one as well. I think it sounds great! It was just reviewed in the Shelf Awareness newsletter.....Love that cover too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Witches, swamps and marshes! I'm totally in. I like the cover, too. I'm glad it's coming out soon. Fab pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read a fantastic review of this today. I want to read it now too! Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually just read about that in Shelf Awareness two seconds before I popped over here. It looks fantastic! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pick! I haven't seen it around too much either, but now my radar is turned on. Witches are making a come back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for this one either !! I love the cover !! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cover! I want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pick! I love how different this one sounds :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!