"Never Been Bit" Review

"Never Been Bit"
by Lydia Dare


Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Release Date: Sept 1, 2011 
Source: ARC sent by publisher

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Summary from goodreads.com:  

Lydia Dare's paranormal historical romances feature the hottest theme in paranormal combined with the most popular time period in historical romance. This is the third in a trilogy of vampire Regency romances, where the glittering world of English high society is a playground for the rich, titled, and undead.
Vampire Alec McQuarrie's heart was broken long before it stopped beating. Now Alec's after-life is an endless search for pleasure. Young witch Sorcha Ferguson has come to London in search of a man, beast-or even a blood sucker-of her very own...

My Review:

"Never Been Bit" was my favorite book by this author yet. All of the characters, the leads and the secondary characters, were really developed here. I really believed Alec and Sorcha's love story.

I was already a fan of Alec and Sorcha from the previous books in the series. They are such a contrast in good and bad. Sorcha was almost annoyingly good, and Alec had become very bad since being turned into a vampire. I almost wanted the authors to address more about how "bad" Alec had become because his personality seemed to be much darker in the previous book.

The secondary characters are so much fun to read about in this installment. Most of the characters have had their own books in the series, and it seemed like everyone had returned for this book. The characters and authors poke fun at the supporting players, often pointing out their flaws for a friendly laugh.

I love the paranormal element in the book because it never gets too violent or crass. I like supernatural elements in stories, but most non-YA paranormal romance is too harsh for me. This is the perfect amount of paranormal for my tastes.



Main Characters: 5/5
Supporting Characters: 4/5

Setting: 4/5

Romance: 4/5

Uniqueness: 4/5
Cover: 4/5
Writing: 4/5



Bottom Line: A fun, romantic historical with a cast of funny and heartfelt characters. Lydia Dare's best book yet!

7 comments

  1. I am so happy the brothers are getting a series too :D Cos I do want more. Fun and sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww
    I tried her werewolves ones but didn't like them much. I think these vampire books sound better though. I'll put them in the maybe pile!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Great Review!! I haven't been able to read anything from this author but I will definitely have to get this series!! Sounds like something that I would enjoy...and the cover is like temptation itself LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to remember what I know about this series and I'm drawing a blank. I cover looks familiar but maybe from a different book. I'm looking for a series to read for Dewey Read-a-thon so I'll go see if this one would be good for that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ♥ historical paranormal books. I've going to have to add this one to my must-read list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like such a great series. I’m tempted to buy the first for my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!