"The Warrior Sheep Go West" Review

"The Warrior Sheep Go West" 
by Christine and Christopher Russell

Publisher: Sourcebooks
Release Date: Aug 1, 2011 
Source: sent by publisher

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Summary from goodreads.com:  


When a strange monster called Red Tongue threatens rams, ewes, and lambs everywhere, the Warrior Sheep spring into action.
Now the five bravest sheep in the eweniverse must hoof it to Las Vegas to stop Red Tongue's rampage.
And so the Warrior Sheep Go West.
Can the warriors stop the mystery monster before it's too late?

My Review:

This book was so adorable! I really think kids are going to love this book. You can tell the authors have experience writing for tv because the story is so fast paced, just like a tv show.

All of the sheep have adorable personalities, but I have to say my favorite was Wills-the littlest and the smartest. He watched a lot of tv with his owner so knew about everything!

I liked that the sheep weren't so personified that they did things like drive a car. They hitched a ride or just snuck onto a bus. They only talked to each other, humans couldn't understand them. And the villain, Red Tongue, has a perfectly rational and funny explanation.

There was another villain besides Red Tongue, and sometimes her storyline got a little slow. But I never care much for the villain's point of view, so it might not bother others like it bothered me.

I think the book will appeal equally to boys and girls because there are great characters of both genders represented.


Main Characters: 5/5
Supporting Characters: 4/5

Setting: 4/5

Romance: n/a

Uniqueness: 4/5
Cover: 5/5
Writing: 5/5



Bottom Line: I would recommend giving this fun-filled adventure to any elementary schoolers in your life, and I think you will overhear lots of laughter as they read it.

6 comments

  1. Lol, cute! So yes I would not read it now, but I would buy it for someone

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a fun children's book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Junior saw the cover - he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like crazy fun! :D
    I'm intrigued by Red Tongue LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I want to pick this book up just because of the title. How wonderful is it? Plus you have a knack at make it sound like a fun cute read. :)

    Mad Scientist
    @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!