Waiting on Wednesday (112)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"The Debutantes"

by Cora Harrison
Pan Macmillan Childrens
Release Date: Aug 2, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

It’s 1923 and London is a whirl of jazz, dancing and parties. Violet, Daisy, Poppy and Rose Derrington are desperate to be part of it, but stuck in an enormous crumbling house in the country, with no money and no fashionable dresses, the excitement seems a lifetime away.

Luckily the girls each have a plan for escaping their humdrum country life: Rose wants to be a novelist, Poppy a jazz musician and Daisy a famous film director. Violet, however, has only one ambition: to become the perfect Debutante, so that she can go to London and catch the eye of Prince George, the most eligible bachelor in the country.

But a house as big and old as Beech Grove Manor hides many secrets, and Daisy is about to uncover one so huge it could ruin all their plans—ruin everything—forever.

I love reading about this time period! And how gorgeous is that cover! I'm not 100% sure that this one will be available in the US, but I need to find a way to read it!

What are you waiting for this week???

17 comments

  1. Oooh, historical fiction for the win! :D Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeepppp!!! I agree there with Gretchen. The cover is pretty too. Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! This looks great! Agree: the cover is gorgeous!! And set in 1920's? Count me in! This book is now on my To Read list! Thank you very much for that, Carrie!! :")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo this one looks AMAZING! It's been on my "to read at all costs" shelf for a while now. Can't wait to get my hands on it! And definitely one of my favorite covers of 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This sounds like such a great book. I love this time period too. I am going to add it to my TBR list immediately. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh - that looks good and what a gorgeous cover!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a gorgeous cover, and the book sounds lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I've never heard anything about this book but it looks awesome thanks for this great discovery :o !!!
    I love the cover, I love this period and I love England <3.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of this one but it sounds really interesting. I love that time period. Great pick! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds very swoon-y. love how her eye shadow matches the flowers. figure me to notice something like that :S

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cover is soooo gorgeous! I am such a sucker for a beautiful cover! Great pick :)

    Lindsay @ The Literary Darling

    ReplyDelete
  12. It would be nice with a different timeperiod, I am so stuck in regency

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOh interesting cover! She kinda reminds me of the actress from the Harry Potter movies who played...Luna? I think that was it, Luna Lovegood or something like that? The spelling just doesn't look right to me for some reason! :)

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh this one looks great! Such a fab cover! Nice pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. This does look good and the cover is so so so you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds really interesting!! I like books that take place in other countries and SUCH a pretty cover.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!