Waiting on Wednesday (114)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"The Brides of Rollrock Island"

by Margo Lanagan
Random House Children's
Release Date: Sep 11, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

On remote Rollrock Island, men go to sea to make their livings—and to catch their wives.

The witch Misskaella knows the way of drawing a girl from the heart of a seal, of luring the beauty out of the beast. And for a price a man may buy himself a lovely sea-wife. He may have and hold and keep her. And he will tell himself that he is her master. But from his first look into those wide, questioning, liquid eyes, he will be just as transformed as she. He will be equally ensnared. And the witch will have her true payment.

Margo Lanagan weaves an extraordinary tale of desire, despair, and transformation. With devastatingly beautiful prose, she reveals characters capable of unspeakable cruelty, but also unspoken love.

This sounds a little creepy in a good way! A little mermaid-ish too. Definitely a new and different idea!

What are you waiting for this week???

16 comments

  1. That does sound creepy and the cover has a spooky kind of fee to it.
    You'll have to let me know if you like it once you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good and I like witch and ghost stories.
    Have fun reading! Following you on Pinterest now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds beautifully creepy! I love a good ghost story.

    New Follower
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this one and am waiting anxiously for it as well. I think it sounds really unique! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa. What a cool concept. I love it. And such a fantastic cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh love the cover of this one! Great pick :D

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soulds creepy, but exciting too! :D
    Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo I hadn't heard of this one! But it sounds great! Thanks for the rec! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoh that's new to me! Looks intriguing too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is definitely original and kind of creepy, but it works somehow. I wonder if they are mermaids or what since the girl on the cover has legs it seems. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book is on my wishlist too. I love creepy stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like an interesting book. And I like the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you're interested in this book, I hope you get a copy when it's released over there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never heard of this one, but I really like the cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!