Waiting on Wednesday 231


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Belle Epoque"
by Elizabeth Ross
Delacorte
Release Date: June 11, 2013

The following description is from goodreads.com:

When Maude Pichon runs away from provincial Brittany to Paris, her romantic dreams vanish as quickly as her savings. Desperate for work, she answers an unusual ad. The Durandeau Agency provides its clients with a unique service—the beauty foil. Hire a plain friend and become instantly more attractive.

Monsieur Durandeau has made a fortune from wealthy socialites, and when the Countess Dubern needs a companion for her headstrong daughter, Isabelle, Maude is deemed the perfect foil.

But Isabelle has no idea her new "friend" is the hired help, and Maude's very existence among the aristocracy hinges on her keeping the truth a secret. Yet the more she learns about Isabelle, the more her loyalty is tested. And the longer her deception continues, the more she has to lose.
This sounds so interesting and different! I really can't wait to read it!!


What are you waiting for this week???

9 comments

  1. I haven't heard of this one yet.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just finished this book and thought it was pretty entertaining. The premise was so unique and I loved the setting of 19th century Paris. Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh pretty cover! Haven't heard of this one yet!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, who's the pretty girl on the cover? The "plain" heroine? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is so pretty!! You are right, it does sound different.

    Here Is Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I've heard of this one. Love that cover! And it sound like a cool story too. Great pick this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is going on my list right away! I have to read this one!! It sounds incredibly unique and I don't read historicals much so I know I'll love this one!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!