Waiting on Wednesday 231


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"A Midsummer Night's Scream"
by R.L. Stine
Feiwel and Friends
Release Date: July 2, 2013

The following description is from goodreads.com:

The master of horror takes on the master of theater!

Get ready for laughter to turn into screams in R.L. Stine's re-imagining of Shakespeare's classic romantic comedy A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Everyone knows that Mayhem Manor is cursed. After production on the horror film was stopped due to a series of mysterious deaths, it became a Hollywood legend--which makes it perfect for Claire and her family. If they can successfully finish the film, it should be enough to save their ailing movie studio.

Sure, the old haunted house is creepy, and strange stuff has been happening, but this is Claire's chance. Her chance to become the movie star she's always dreamed and her chance to finally convince her friend Jake that she is girlfriend material. Of course, the fact that Jake thinks he's in love with her best friend, Delia, who is crushing hard on Jake's friend Shawn, who insists on following Claire around, could be a problem, but Claire is sure she can figure it out. After all, the course of true love never did run smooth.

But once shooting starts, "creepy and strange" morph into "bloody and deadly," as the lines between film and reality begin to blur...
This sounds so creepy, and I love the take on Shakespeare! I am so excited to see a new book from RL Stine!


What are you waiting for this week???

15 comments

  1. I haven't heard of this but I do love R.L.Stine so will be definitely adding to my wishlist, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like A Midsummer Night's Dream and the suspense twist has me interested in giving this book a try. I used to love R.L. Stine's suspense novels when I was a teen.

    Not a fan of the cover though-reminds me of a cross between Fifty Shades and Twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very scary one...but I do love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit that I have ever read a book by RL Stine. I guess I should fix that. I hope you enjoy this story once you get a chance to read it!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo sounds creepy good. I love this pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read it if only to see if Stine's writing has improved. I tried reading one of his old books for young readers (a Fear Street one) and it was awful - but he is a part of my elementary school reading canon, so I have to try at least once more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good and scary hehehe

    new GFC follower

    Pls follow back :)

    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html#links

    Join my giveaway too! I'm giving a signed copy of Unravel ME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shakespeare and R. L. Stine? The mind boggles! The kids at my school love their Goosebumps and such, but this doesn't sound like material for children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this an adult book or still four fourth graders??? Sounds really good. Great pick! I'm going to look it up.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does sound pretty creepy but like it could be really good too. I like the cover which is good as well :D

    nice pick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. EEP. How did I not hear of this? I love that cover. AND R.L. STINE? I feel like I've been living under a rock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. RL Stine? How fun! It's been a long while since I read his books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love how creepy that cover is! If you read it - let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A new R.L. Stine? My little nineties inner child just squealed. :-) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!