Waiting On Wednesday (3)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:
"The Bad Queen: Rules and Instructions for Marie Antionette"
by Carolyn Meyer

Harcourt Children's Books
Release Date: April 12, 2010

The following description is from Goodreads.com:

History paints her as a shallow party girl, a spoiled fashionista, a callous ruler. Perhaps no other royal has been so maligned--and so misunderstood--as Marie-Antoinette. From the moment she was betrothed to the dauphin of France at age fourteen, perfection was demanded of Marie-Antoinette. She tried to please everyone--courtiers, her young husband, the king, the French people--but often fell short of their expectations. Desperate for affection and subjected to constant scrutiny, this spirited young woman can't help but want to let loose with elaborate parties, scandalous fashions, and unimaginable luxuries. But as Marie-Antoinette's lifestyle gets ever more recklessly extravagant, the peasants of France are suffering from increasing poverty--and becoming outraged. They want to make the queen pay. In this latest installment of her acclaimed Young Royals series, Carolyn Meyer reveals the dizzying rise and horrific downfall of the last Queen of France.


I've really enjoyed the other books in Carolyn Meyer's Young Royals Series, and this one looks just as great! I also love all things Marie Antionette, as you can tell by my blog layout, so this is a must-have for me! Isn't this cover amazing?? What are you waiting for this week?

6 comments

  1. Fantastic cover! Love love love it! I can't wait for your review of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover, I hope you enjoy it. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool cover on this one. Hope the book is as good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet cover! I want to read this! PS- a blog award awaits you at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute title. and that blue fan just pops. i'll have to put this on my to read list. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I don't have to deal with that kind of hair but I like to cover too! She looks so sassy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!