Waiting on Wednesday (4)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:
"Princess of Glass"
by Jessica Day George

Bloomsbury USA Children's Books
Release Date: May 25, 2010

The following description is from Goodreads.com:

The engrossing companion novel to Princess of the Midnight Ball, with a wicked twist on Cinderella. Hoping to escape the troubles in her kingdom, Princess Poppy reluctantly agrees to take part in a royal exchange program, whereby young princes and princesses travel to each other’s countries in the name of better political alliances—and potential marriages. It’s got the makings of a fairy tale—until a hapless servant named Eleanor is tricked by a vengeful fairy godmother into competing with Poppy for the eligible prince. Ballgowns, cinders, and enchanted glass slippers fly in this romantic and action-packed happily-ever-after quest from an author with a flair for embroidering tales in her own delightful way.


I love fairy tale retellings and this version of Cinderella looks like so much fun! I've been wanting to read something by this author for a long time!


What are you waiting on this week??

13 comments

  1. Sounds very nice. I love happy endings and this one sounds perfect.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun read....a beautiful fairy tale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bravo darling for finding this. I love fairy tale retellings as well. I'm off to add this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds like fun! I haven't read Princess of the Midnight Ball yet but this one is going on my TBR list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like period pieces; books that are set in the past. It sounds really good. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, GREAT pick! I'm on a bit of a fairy tale kick right now...so my list just got a little bit longer! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh a retelling of Cinderella! I love those, but I've only read a few. Maybe I'll try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of this, but I do love fairy tale retellings. Another added to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that cover! I am really going to have to look into this series since I love twists on classic fairy tales! Thank you for sharing this! :-)

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I'm back! Just wanted to let you know I have an award for you here!
    http://steelergirl83.blogspot.com/2009/12/blog-awards.html

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!