"The Secret Me Book" Review

"The Secret Me Book"
by Rachel Kempster and Meg Leder

Publisher: Sourcebooks
Release Date: April 1, 2012

Source: sent by publisher

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Summary from goodreads.com:  




Discover what makes you, you...

What makes you tick and hum?
What quirks and habits are yours and yours alone?
who do you wish you could be?
who are you now?

The answers make up your "secret me," your soul's fingerprint.

Packed with creative and quirky prompts, ideas, and activities, The Secret Me Book gives you an inspiring way to get to know this core part of you.

Scribble thoughts, make lists, paste pictures, and doodle—all tapping into the real you.

What would you do if you won the lottery?
Is there a movie that defines you?
What's your secret talent?

Here's your secret me book—it's time to celebrate what you're made of.


My Review:

What a great little book. This was much more than I expected it to be. I thought it would be one of those diary types of books we filled out in junior high with our favorite colors and flavors of ice cream. But this book is deep! If you really take the time to do the exercises, you can learn a lot about yourself.

The book encourages you to scribble on all of the pages as much or as little as you like. The authors also encourage you to skip pages if you aren't interested, or come back later. Some pages and exercises will have more meaning than others, on an individual basis.

The lack of 'rules' is very freeing, which I think is the concept of the book. Free to be yourself, no one's looking so just let it all out! And in doing so, you'll learn things you never knew about yourself.



Bottom Line: Lots of fun, and much deeper than I thought it would be. A great way to discover more about yourself.
 

5 comments

  1. I like that in the end there are a lack of rules, would suit me well

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds cute! I like the lack of rules, :) that's good.
    I think I might wanna get this for my sister ;)
    Thanks for reviewing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really fun and cute! I hadn't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound interesting. I usually don't go for this type of thing because of the structure but I like how you say that you can skip around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps this would make a great gift. Thanks for telling me about this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!