Sunday Shout Out!! (1)

Check Out the May 6th Sunday Shout HERE!

I'm introducing a new feature here at In the Hammock on Sundays. It's called "Sunday Shout Out" and it's a place where I can give a special shout out to those publishers and authors who have sent me books over the week, as well as those bloggers who have hosted contests that I've won! I'll also be giving shout outs to any other cool books, blogs or bookish news that I've spotted during the week.

I know a lot of times people don't have time to read reviews, so this is a way for readers to stop by and see a lot of books and news at a glance, and that way the publishers and authors can get even more publicity for their books!

I would also LOVE to see what books YOU would like to give a shout out to! Did you receive any review books this week? Win any contests? Maybe you spotted a new indie book at your local bookstore that you wanted to raise awareness about. If you'd like to link up to YOUR Sunday Shout Out, please leave your link in the comments, link back to this post, and I'll stop by and say hi!
Books for Review
"Summoning the Night" by Jenn Bennett


I've heard a lot of great things about the first book in the Arcadia Bell series!

"Deadly Descendant" by Jenna Black


What a cover! Love the colors!

"A Love Forbidden" by Kathleen Morgan


I'm so intrigued by this story and time period.

 "The Messenger" by Siri Mitchell


One of my favorite inspirational writers. This looks a bit different for her, but I can't wait to try it.

"The Pursuit of  Lucy Banning" by Olivia Newport


This little image doesn't do this GORGEOUS cover justice. It is one of the prettiest covers I've seen for a long time!! Not that I'm judging a book by its cover :)

Gotta Have It
Now for the book I just found this week, that I must have now!!!

"The Sweet Life" by Sam Talbot


My all-time favorite chef from Bravo's "Top Chef", Sam Talbot, has a new cookbook out. The book is geared towards a special diet for those with diabetes, but since I'm trying really hard to eat healthy, I think these recipes would work for me, too!

Book News

The real star of the Oscar-winning movie, "The Artist", Uggie the dog, has just signed (pawed) a book deal! The book will be titled "Uggie: My Story" and will be released by Simon & Schuster in October. I will be first in line for this one!!


See original article on The Huffington Post!
Photo: LA Times
Photo: MySA

Now it's YOUR turn! Do you have any books, authors, or blogs that you would like to give a Shout Out to? If you make your own post, please link back to this post, and leave your link in the comments section this weekend so I can check it out, and so that other readers can stop by too!!


36 comments

  1. Love this feature!!!
    :D and Uggie! Uggie was the best part of that movie!! I was so ready not to like The Artist but Uggie won me over - and the actor does have a really appealing smile, I gotta say.

    LOL

    Oh, and that book by Sam? I need to get that, my sister had the biggest crush on him! I did too to be honest.

    Also, pretty covers galore!! :D Hope they turn out to be just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feature! So many pretty book covers *swoons*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new feature! It's a great idea! I hope you enjoy all of your books and Uggie is the cutest dog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think from now on I'll be participating in this :) SSO has a good ring to it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul! Considering of joining this next week:D

    Drop by my mailbox?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really got nice things for review this week. I'll have to have a second look into all of them, some probably go onto my tbr, so thanks a bunch for sharing! Happy reading!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know if you want to read Kindling the Moon first. I think you're going to miss a lot if you jump right into bk 2. It should make sense though.
    Love your new feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOly cow! amazing books! I still have to read The Dscendants OMG!! They told me is awesome! Im diving into them this summer for sure =D

    Im also not participating in IMM anymore. XD

    have a great weekend sweetheart ^.^ happy reading!

    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice new feature! I like the idea of giving a shout out to new books, but haven't made up my mind yet what I'll replace IMM with...so many awesome choices!

    And yea for Jenna Black's new book, as she's awesome! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the new feature! Some cool books this week, love the covers of A Love Forbidden and The Messenger. Happy reading! And good luck with the healthy eating. I always say I'm going to try to eat healthily and then fail miserably :P.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your books look enticing! Especially The Pursuit of Lucy Banning, I'm going to have to get my hands on that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Pursuit of Lucy Banning cover looks so pretty! Sounds good too!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Messenger really grabbed my eye! I love the cover, and I've been thinking about a historical read for awhile now! Maybe I'll have to look for that one :)


    Stop by and see my Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy Macanoli those first two look awesome! Thank you for stopping by Gimme's Goodies! Enjoyed having you! :) Happy Reading and hope this week is full of great new books for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I completely love the movie "the artist! too! Enjoy all your new books! Thanks for visiting Unforgettable Books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Nikki Glass series by Jenna Black looks pretty interesting maybe I'll give it a try soon! Hope you enjoy your books and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great selection of books! The Jenna Black one does look awesome. I'm participating in this next time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the Shout Out idea!! Thx for hoppin' by to say "hi"!! What a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Boy do your books really run the gamut! Is that Jenna Black the same one that writes the YA series Glimmerglass? Probably. The cookbook looks great, makes me hungry!

    Great meme!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the cover for A Love Forbidden. The Summoning the Night cover reminds me a lot of the Chicagoland Vamp covers. I wonder if it's the same artist.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, will have to seek out that cookbook! Lots of gorgeous books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Sweet Life is a good cookbook.. I love your blog, now I know where to come for book reviews.. Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the cover of Deadly Descendant! I'm seeing it around a lot! Great haul, chick!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this idea! Looks like you got a lot of historicals - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Uggie! That sounds like an adorable book. He's such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this new feature!

    You received a ton of great books this week! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great idea! It looks like you got some great books last week. I especially want to read the first two! Enjoy your goodies and thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this new feature! And that's some awesome book news, that dog is so adorable!

    Thanks for dropping by :)
    Ashley Loves Books

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just read a great review for Summoning the Night. I really want to read it now! Hope you enjoy all your reads:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. All of the books you have for review look interesting. I like the historical looking ones. I'll have to come back and see how you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Deadly Descendents look really good :)
    Great Haul!
    Janina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!