"Ghost Files" Review

"Ghost Files: The Collected Cases from Ghost Hunting and Seeking Spirits"
by Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson

Publisher: Gallery Books
Release Date: Sep 27, 2011 
Source: sent by publisher

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Summary from goodreads.com:  

An omnibus edition of GHOST HUNTING and SEEKING SPIRITS, the real-life adventures of the paranormal investigators from Syfy's hit show Ghost Hunters.

My Review:

I really enjoyed this collection of tales from the "Ghost Hunters'" real experiences. This book contains both of their previous non-fiction titles in one volume, so there are a lot of spine-tingling ghost stories to be read!

The stories are told in the same tone of the show, you'll feel like it's a friend sitting down and telling you the stories. This really makes for an enjoyable read. The stories are all very short, only 3-7 pages each, so they're quick, entertaining reads too.

I really liked the stories from the late 90s and early 2000's because they happened before the tv show started, and were all new stories for me. I was also glad to finally read Jason and Grant's personal experiences with the supernatural that got them started with ghost hunting because they never talk about these experiences on the show.

Each of the stories are so intriguing they could each be expanded into a whole book. They range form the super scary-poltergeists, etc; to the strange-ghosts walking through floors; to the sweet-the 1950s teen curious about a new baby.



Bottom Line: A treat for any fan of ghost stories not just the Ghost Hunters tv show.

6 comments

  1. It looks like fun! I don't get TV channels, so I hadn't even heard of the show--I am so sheltered, sometimes. :-) It sounds like it would have been an ideal Halloween read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch the Ghost Hunters tv show religiously and really want to read the books, they sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I contemplated getting this for my mom. We both love these guys, but I think she'd really like this book... especially since each story is so short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch shows like this but I always respect shows more when I realize they are based on stories or books. I'm biased...what can I say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, ghosts are just so not for me. Not to watch or to read about

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watch the show sporadically, in large doses it freaks me out. But I think this must be a fascinating book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!