Waiting on Wednesday (95)

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving with family and friends! I know I did! 

Now it's time to get back to the books and catch up on blogging!


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"The Wild Queen: The Days and Nights of Mary Queen of Scots"
by Carolyn Meyer
Harcourt Children's Books
Release Date: June 19, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

Mary is only six days old when she is crowned after the death of her father, five years old when she is sent to France to be raised alongside her future husband. Surrounded by friends and beloved by the royal family, Mary absorbs the culture, becoming more French than Scot. But when her frail young husband dies, Mary, now eighteen, is stripped of her title as Queen of France and set adrift in the harsh world, alone.

Determined to reign over what is rightfully hers, as well as to claim the throne of England to which she believes she is entitled, Mary returns to Scotland. The fiery young queen must sometimes go to brutal lengths to establish her sovereignty. And she is just as willful when it comes to her love life. Hoping that a husband will help her secure the coveted English throne, Mary marries again, but the love and security she longs for elude her. Instead, she finds herself embroiled in a murder scandal that could cost her the crown. And her attempts to bargain with her formidable "sister queen," Elizabeth I of England, could cost her her very life.
I love historical YA and I've really liked the other books I've read by this author. Plus how fabulous is that cover?!

What are you waiting for this week???

18 comments

  1. Me too! That cover is fantastic and I loved the other book I read by Carolyn Meyer. She makes historical fiction fun and SO easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the cover too, and a YA book about Mary, hm. She does not really get a HEA now does she

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor gal! Just reading the summary has me feeling bad for her. I love the fierce cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a great historical YA, and I love the cover :)

    Awesome WOW choice, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like there's a lot going on in that one. Very interesting and a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I'd be interested to see what the author does with this story, particularly because I know how Mary's story ends. :P She's a very interesting historical figure however, and I don't know much about her except for the very end of her story. Great pick and thanks for visiting my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover it is very beautiful. I also like historical fiction and this sounds very interesting.

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so good! Fabulous pick! I'm kind of bummed I have to wait until June for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty dress! I'm a sucker for a cover that features a girl in a beautiful dress. Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love historical fictions! This one sound great! I'm adding it to my top TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this looks fun! Thanks for the heads up. :) I have soft spot for historicals anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh this one sounds really good! I love European historical fiction! Awesome pick!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  13. I completely agree about this one and made it my WoW a few weeks back. I love the sound of it and the cover is so eye-catching. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cover!! I'm not a big historical fiction reader, but this one sounds really interesting!

    Waiting on Wednesday @ Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting, I don't know if I would like Mary but I think that it can be a very interesting book!
    :D
    And I do love this cover, I love the intent on the girl's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic pick! I am excited about this one too. I've enjoyed Carolyn Meyer's books about royals.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an awesome cover - one of the best ever. Too bad her cousin had her killed out of jealousy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!