Waiting on Wednesday (93)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:


"Wrecked"
by Anna Davies
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Release Date: May 1, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

Miranda has lived on Whym Island since the death of her parents. She has taken comfort in its seclusion and in the folklore that claims a mysterious sea witch controls the fate of all on the island and its surrounding waters. It's just been easier to believe that things are out of her control.
But when a terrible boating accident takes the lives of several of her friends, Miranda is rescued by a mysterious boy that haunts her dreams. As the guilt of the accident consumes her, she finds refuge in her late night swims. Then, she meets Christian, a boy who seems so familiar, but won't tell her where he is from and why they can only meet at the beach. As Miranda falls for Christian and begins to put the accident behind her, she discovers that there are secrets that Christian is keeping to protect her that may only end up bringing her nothing but harm.
Sounds like a mermaid story to me, so I'm in! What a cover, doesn't look much like YA, does it?

What are you waiting for this week???

20 comments

  1. I haven't heard of this one before. Sounds interesting.

    Mine is up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not very YA like at all, but I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cover my dear! is soooo sexy! =9

    Happy reading!
    ~❤~Dazzling Reads~❤~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds more like a merman story, but I am in too. great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good mermaid story!! I'm in! The cover makes me feel so cold though (or maybe just because it is freezing here today!) maybe the hunky man on the cover can come and warm me up... oops off point! Looks great, going on my wishlist!

    My WOW

    Emma @ Lost in a YA Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mermaid stories, too. I may just be addn igthis one to my TBR. Hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh awesome pick I look forward to this as well!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this one a time or two...it does sound intriguing.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks good. I love the cover. I'm a sucker for water covers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that its a merman story!! I've seen a lot of mermaid stories pop up lately, but this seems to be the first that features a male :) Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's one hot cover. I love the font especially, lol. Great pick, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. deff love cute boys! lol.

    I have a few WOW picks this week. stop by?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds different I am intrigued- adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mermaids and hot boys? I'm in too! :D

    Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a great fantasy story. Lots of romance too. Here's my Post

    ReplyDelete
  16. The beach and islands? Yes, please! I will definitely be adding this one to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HELL YEAH for Wrecked. Nice man-candy on the front and a water cover make for an irresistible need to read it.(:

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to read this one! It sounds awesome. Plus, love the cover :P. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wrecked sounds great! it really feels like 2012 is turning out to be the rise of the mermaid! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!