Waiting on Wednesday (92)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:


"Masque of the Red Death"
by Bethany Griffin
HarperCollins Children's Books
Release Date: Apr 24, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

Everything is in ruins.

A devastating plague has decimated the population. And those who are left live in fear of catching it as the city crumbles to pieces around them.

So what does Araby Worth have to live for?

Nights in the Debauchery Club, beautiful dresses, glittery make-up . . . and tantalizing ways to forget it all.

But in the depths of the club—in the depths of her own despair—Araby will find more than oblivion. She will find Will, the terribly handsome proprietor of the club. And Elliott, the wickedly smart aristocrat. Neither boy is what he seems. Both have secrets. Everyone does.

And Araby may find something not just to live for, but to fight for—no matter what it costs her.
YA based on a story by Poe? Can't wait!

What are you waiting for this week???

21 comments

  1. This one sounds amazing and I love the cover too!

    My WoW: http://thebookfaerie.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about that, the Poe aspect of it all!
    That tale is one of the most scary things I've ever read, I swear and this sounds pretty interesting!

    Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover reminds me so much of Dearly Departed. I love Poe so I'm looking forward to this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently I added this to my to-read shelf on Goodreads awhile ago, but I don't remember when :O

    It sounds freaking freaky and haunting and totally awesomesauce.

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a sexy classic style vamp novel. Cool pick. Awesome dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OoOoh! This was my pick last week! Fabulous!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seen this one on a couple of WoW posts this week. I love the idea of a story inspired by Poe's writing - he is the horror master after all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh I remember reading Poe's story and it sounds creepy! But it still sounds like a great book! Nice pick!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Poe, so I will definitely have to add this to my TBR list. My students are also loving Poe this year--I'll have to get a copy for my classroom. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowza! Great pick and gorgeous cover!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG YES!!!!!! I'm pumped about this book! Can't wait to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am totally waiting on this one as well. That cover is superb, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like Dearly Departed by it sounds great! Another one for the TBR list!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa...LOVE the sound of it! Hadn't heard of it previously either...great share! *adds to wish list* ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing cover and great sounding story. Haven't heard of this author before.

    Here's my Post

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one sounds like a great read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this the other day and said "I WANT NOW!" lol Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, I'm really interested in this one. Love that cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!