"Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish" Review

"Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish"
by Grace Burrowes

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Release Date: Oct 1, 2011 
Source: ARC sent by publisher

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Summary from goodreads.com:  


All she wants is peace and anonymity...
Lady Sophie Windham has maneuvered a few days to herself at the ducal mansion in London before she must join her family for Christmas in Kent. Suddenly trapped by a London snowstorm, she finds herself with an abandoned baby and only the assistance of a kind, handsome stranger standing between her and complete disaster.
But Sophie's holiday is about to heat up...
With his estate in ruins, Vim Charpentier sees little to feel festive about this Christmas. His growing attraction for Sophie Windham is the only thing that warms his spirits-but when Sophie's brothers whisk her away, Vim's most painful holiday memories are reawakened.
It seems Sophie's been keeping secrets, and now it will take much more than a mistletoe kiss to make her deepest wishes come true...
My Review:

Grace Burrowes is an author who never fails for me. All of her books are excellent, and "Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish" is no exception. In fact, while Valentine's story is still my favorite, I think Burrowes' storytelling may be her best yet in this book. The story reads much more quickly than her other books, and it flows much better.

One thing that I always love in historical romances is when the hero and heroine are actually TOGETHER for most of the book. In this instance, Sophie and Vim meet in the first 2 or 3 pages, and they are not separated for more than a few pages for the rest of the book. They actually get to know each other instead of just falling in love at first sight.

The baby storyline wasn't my favorite thing about the book, but it does bring Sophie and Vim together, and create conflict, so it worked out.

I loved that Sophie's brothers were in the book quite a bit at the middle and end. I was sad not to see their wives, but as long as Val was back in the story, I definitely won't complain.


Main Characters: 5/5
Supporting Characters: 5/5
Val :)
Setting: 5/5

Romance: 5/5

Uniqueness: 4/5
Cover: 5/5 (I saw the finished cover in person and it's gorgeous!)
Writing: 4/5



Bottom Line: Another excellent romance by Grace Burrowes. I hope we continue to see all of the Windham siblings in future books.

2 comments

  1. Sounds like a good Christmasy story! And I think I definitely need to check out her other books!

    And I have to admit I am a sucker for babies in plots :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the books about he sisters are just as good :) And I am sure they will be

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!