Waiting on Wednesday (96)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Such Wicked Intent"
by Kenneth Oppel
Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Release Date: Aug 21, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

When does obsession become madness? Tragedy has forced sixteen-year-old Victor Frankenstein to swear off alchemy forever. He burns the Dark Library. He vows he will never dabble in the dark sciences again—just as he vows he will no longer covet Elizabeth, his brother's betrothed.

If only these things were not so tempting.

When he and Elizabeth discover a portal into the spirit world, they cannot resist. Together with Victor's twin, Konrad, and their friend Henry, the four venture into a place of infinite possibilities where power and passion reign. But as they search for the knowledge to raise the dead, they unknowingly unlock a darkness from which they may never return.
I have been wanting to read the first book in this series since it came out, and now there is a sequel with a fantastic cover and a great synopsis! Can't wait to read both books!

What are you waiting for this week???

15 comments

  1. I had never heard of this book and I don't think I had heard of a story quite like this either!

    I hope you can read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this series, but it looks awesome! I'll definitely have to check it out!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this book floating around the net. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent heard of this before it sounds very interesting! Here is my waiting on wednesday http://christiesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very intriguing! I so need to check out the first book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The synopsis sounds really good! It definitely has me interested as well! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, this sounds awesome! I haven't heard of this one, but thanks for featuring it! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish it was not YA cos then it could have been more..but it sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't heard of this, but now I have, I want it so badly! I've read one of Oppel's books (Half Brother) and adored it. I'm so glad that I've just stumbled across your blog - instant follow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds really good! I'm adding it to my TBR pile! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooo this does look good! After I saw that this was a sequel and went and looked up the first one and it sounds AMAZING! Thanks for sharing this one Carrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yes, I'm super excited for this one too! I haven't gotten a chance to read This Dark Endeavor, but I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds really interesting. Thanks for putting it on my radar :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!