Waiting on Wednesday (119)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Defiance"

by C.J. Redwine
Balzer & Bray
Release Date: Aug 28, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

Within the walls of Baalboden, beneath the shadow of the city’s brutal leader, Rachel Adams has a secret. While other girls sew dresses, host dinner parties, and obey their male Protectors, Rachel knows how to survive in the wilderness and deftly wield a sword. When her father, Jared, fails to return from a courier mission and is declared dead, the Commander assigns Rachel a new Protector, her father’s apprentice, Logan—the same boy Rachel declared her love for two years ago, and the same boy who handed her heart right back to her. Left with nothing but fierce belief in her father’s survival, Rachel decides to escape and find him herself. But treason against the Commander carries a heavy price, and what awaits her in the Wasteland could destroy her.

At nineteen, Logan McEntire is many things. Orphan. Outcast. Inventor. As apprentice to the city’s top courier, Logan is focused on learning his trade so he can escape the tyranny of Baalboden. But his plan never included being responsible for his mentor’s impulsive daughter. Logan is determined to protect her, but when his escape plan goes wrong and Rachel pays the price, he realizes he has more at stake than disappointing Jared.

As Rachel and Logan battle their way through the Wasteland, stalked by a monster that can’t be killed and an army of assassins out for blood, they discover romance, heartbreak, and a truth that will incite a war decades in the making.

Sounds like a bit of fantasy mixed in with dystopian to me. What do you think?

What are you waiting for this week???

12 comments

  1. Nice! Read this one on Edelweiss. It was okay, not my kind of read. Hope you like it a lot more!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have had my eye on this one too. Thankfully we don't have to wait that much longer for it! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I does sound like a dystopian to me also. Cover is really good. I will be checking this one out. Love the red hair on the blackish background. Great pick!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Defiance sounds so so good!!
    Also, love that she has a normal name (Rachel Adams) I like characters with regular names :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2210

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking forward to this for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely excited for this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it sounds promising anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard great things about this book and I'm looking forward to reading it once it comes out. I hope it's as good as I think it'll be but only time will tell. Great pick.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this book last week and enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is on my TBR too! I havew heard many good things so great pick darling!
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!