Waiting On Wednesday (14)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:
"Ondine: The Summer of Shambles"
by Ebony McKenna
Egmont Books Ltd
Release Date: April 5, 2010

The following description is from Goodreads.com:


This is a brilliantly witty fairy tale with a mystery that is as surreal as it is sinister. One girl. One boy. One spell to be broken. Ondine de Groot is a normal fifteen-year-old who lives with her family in the European country of Brugel. She has a pet ferret called Shambles. But Shambles is no ordinary ferret...He's Hamish McPhee, a boy cursed by a witch. A witch who happens to be related to Ondine. When Shambles turns back into Hamish temporarily, Ondine knows that she has to help him break the spell. He is the most gorgeous boy she has ever met and her one true love! He just can't remain a ferret forever. Can he?

I love fairy tale retellings!! This one has gotten such great reviews and I can't wait to read it and see for myself! It looks so sweet and looks like it has an equally sweet romance :)

What are you waiting for this week??

Don't forget, today is the last day to enter my Giveaway for "The Wish Stealers!"!!

15 comments

  1. This sounds like a lot of fun - and a movie waiting to be made : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds super cute and I like the cover I love fairy tale type stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another new book to look into. I hope that you will enjoy it. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it's going to be a good one! I'll have to check it out. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really cute story! I'll have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great book. It kind of reminds me a little bit of Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier. I really liked that one so I might like this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi carrie! it's been a week since your last post.guess you were busy (i dont mean to pry..) but really glad to hear from you and welcome back!

    well,something like the princess and the frog on this one.but no princess and a frog in this one.wow, it's sure an enjoyable book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful surprise to see Ondine mentioned here. I hope you enjoy reading it when you get your hands on a copy.
    One month to go. I am getting far too excited. I'm supposed to be professional and calm but that's impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to get this book, too! I've heard it's brilliant (from those lucky enough to know before us haha) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comments, everyone!!

    Thanks for stopping by, Ebony! We can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still waiting on The Body Finder! Can't wait till it's delivered next week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read this one and it's totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoy fairytale retellings too. I want to read Beastly by Alex Finn, have you read it?

    I'd never hear of this one before, but it sounds super-sweet! I'm adding it to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i want to read this one too. love her name - ondine.

    btw: you've been awarded ;-D
    http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2010/02/most-amazing-follower-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!