Waiting on Wednesday (18)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:
"Glimmerglass"
by Jenna Black
St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: May 25, 2010

The following description is from Goodreads.com:
Dana Hathaway doesn’t know it yet, but she’s in big trouble. When her alcoholic mom shows up at her voice recital drunk, Dana decides she’s had it with being her mother’s keeper, so she packs her bags and heads to stay with her mysterious father in Avalon: the only place on Earth where the regular, everyday world and the magical world of Faerie intersect. But from the moment Dana sets foot in Avalon, everything goes wrong, for it turns out she isn't just an ordinary teenage girl—she's a Faeriewalker, a rare individual who can travel between both worlds, and who can bring magic into the human world and technology into Faerie. Soon, she finds herself tangled up in a cutthroat game of Fae politics. Someone's trying to kill her, and everyone wants something from her, even her newfound friends and family. Suddenly, life with her alcoholic mom doesn't sound half bad, and Dana would do anything to escape Avalon and get back home. Too bad both her friends and her enemies alike are determined not to let her go . . .

I just found out about this book last week. It sounds a little like Holly Black's Tithe series to me, anyone else think so? I mean that as a compliment, I loved that series!!

What are you waiting for this week?

16 comments

  1. The cover is amazing! I can't wait for this one either :) Great choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting especially the inclusion of Avalon. I hope that The Lady of the Lake makes an appearance but since this is about fairies it probably won't be Arthurian at all. Still it could be a really good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does remind me a little of Holly Black's Modern Faery Tales, but the setting of Avalon sounds very different. The cover is gorgeous, definitely eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the thing is, i really admire the book's cover. *lol* it's beautiful. =) but of course, the storyline is great too ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree that cover is lovely and the synopsis interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover for this one, as well as the summary! Awesome pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of this book - love the cover! & the story looks interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo this looks good! I love the cover!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! I’m making sure this one is on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAYAY excited and thrilled for this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this book that I have to read soon for a review and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that sparkly cover and the description is intrigueing. haven't read the tithe series yet so can't say.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I squee just a little? Thanks so much for highlighting this upcoming book - I'm always on the lookout for all things faerie. :) And I agree, the cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Came across your blog on the blogger hop today. I've been waiting on this one too! I've had it reserved at my library for like two months now, waiting on it to get there.

    You can check my blog out at http://www.thebookbanshee.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one looks good. I haven't seen this one before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!