Waiting On Wednesday (17)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:
"A Most Improper Magick"
by Stephanie Burgis
Atheneum
Release Date: April 20, 2010

The following description is from Goodreads.com:

Her mother was a scandalous witch, her brother has gambled the whole family into debt, and her Step-Mama is determined to sell her oldest sister into a positively Gothic marriage to pay it off--so what can twelve-year-old Kat Stephenson do but take matters directly into her own hands? If only her older sisters hadn’t thwarted her plan to run away to London dressed as a boy and earn a fortune! When Kat makes a midnight foray into her mother’s cabinet of secrets, though, she finds out something she never expected. Her mother wasn’t just a witch, she was a Guardian, a member of a secret Order with staggering magical powers--and Kat is her heir. Of course, there’s no chance of Kat choosing to join the Order that forbade her parents’ marriage...but Mama’s magical mirror doesn’t seem to understand that. It keeps following her wherever she goes, even when the family travels to Grantham Abbey to meet the sinister Sir Neville, her oldest sister’s chosen fiancĂ©. And what with Sir Neville showing a dangerous interest in Kat’s untapped powers, her mother’s old tutor insisting that she take up her mother’s position as a Guardian, and her sister Angeline refusing to listen to her about anything, *as usual*...well, it’s a good thing Kat kept her boy’s clothing, because she may well have to use it--especially if the rumors of a highwayman are true.

This one looks like a great escape book!! A little bit magical, a little bit gothic, it sounds great!! And the cover is so cute and fun!!

What are you waiting for this week?

15 comments

  1. The cover is very cute XD and sounds like a neat plot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my previous WoWs, and I just love the sound of this book! It sounds so fun and I love historical fantasy--one of my fave genres :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog background is so lovely! Enjoy your WOW pick! Here is my pick:

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/03/waiting-on-wednesday-day-for-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a fun book. I have it on my TBR list and I've read excellent reviews of it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that cover alone is so tempting! What a story! So tantalizing.

    Here's my WOW:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/03/waiting-on-wednesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute cover! Great pick. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of bloggers seem excited about this one! It sounds super cute and that Kat is going to be one awesome heroine. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll mention this one to a friend of mine. It sounds like something she'd love. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a little bit of everything great! Love your pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sound of this! Fantastic pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    I just gave you a blog award!!
    you can pick it up at my blog:
    http://marjoleinbookblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-first-blog-award-yay.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a cute book and I love the cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to add this to my TBR list. :)
    I passed a couple awards over to you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This does sound like a good book!
    Love your blog by the way - very elegant! I'd love for you to drop by mine too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!