Hmmmm...A Little Too Similar?


Yesterday, while I was checking out everyone's Waiting on Wednesday posts, I came across a new to me book called "Poison" by Bridget Zinn. I thought, wow, that cover reminds me so much of the Snow White and the Huntsman poster. On closer inspection, the two aren't just similar, they're nearly exactly alike!! 



The ladies are wearing pretty much the exact same outfit, same color, same puff sleeves, same dark leggings, and same grey hem peeking out. They are in the same pose, only flipped. Snow White holds a knife where the Poison heroine holds a vial. The background is shadowy trees, and both even have mushrooms on the ground! This is more than a coincidence to me, what do you think?

I'd also like to say that this post has no ill feelings towards the author, we all know that authors have little to no say in what their covers look like. I'm not even sure which image came first, all I have noticed is that they are eerily similar.

Snow White poster found here: PerezHilton.com

12 comments

  1. O you're right. They are strikingly similar. I wonder if they are owned by sister companies.

    I looked it up. Poison is being released by Disney/Hyperion and Snow White and the Huntsman is being released by Universal Pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd noticed that, too. I actually expected the synopsis of Poison to be more similar to a well-known fairytale.

    Apparently I'd stumbled across the author's blog back last year. Unfortunately, she passed away from cancer in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right! The clothes especially

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOA! You're right - SO similar! Oops! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I don't know why the covers are so similar but here is a link to the cover artist's website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are very, very similar! Perhaps they both used the same image for inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover does look very much like the movie poster. Nice catch, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Eye Carrie! I saw that Poison book on someone's WOW and was drawn to the cover. I wonder if it was because of the Snow White poster. Hmmm, I guess we could say that is one lucky author???

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow even though they're very similar I still like them both! :-P Anyone else excited for the Snow White movie?

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really funny. Obviously two different shoots but did they photoshop in the same background?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow they really are. I wonder how these things come about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!