Waiting on Wednesday (111)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!


This week I chose:

"Transcendence"

by C.J. Omololu
Walker & Co.
Release Date: June 5, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

Love isn’t the only emotion to survive death . . .

When a visit to the Tower of London triggers an overwhelmingly real vision of a beheading that occurred centuries before, Cole Ryan fears she is losing her mind. A mysterious boy, Griffon Hall, comes to her aid, but the intensity of their immediate connection seems to open the floodgate of memories even wider.

As their feelings grow, Griffon reveals their common bond as members of the Akhet—an elite group of people who can remember past lives and use their collected wisdom for the good of the world. But not all Akhet are altruistic, and a rogue is after Cole to avenge their shared past. Now in extreme danger, Cole must piece together clues from many lifetimes. What she finds could ruin her chance at a future with Griffon, but risking his love may be the only way to save them both.

Full of danger, romance, and intrigue, Transcendence breathes new life into a perpetually fascinating question: What would you do with another life to live?

Past lives? Sounds so interesting, and I'd like to see the historical angle that it brings. And how pretty is the cover?!

What are you waiting for this week???

22 comments

  1. This sounds interesting and I like that the cover isn't whitewashed. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog btw =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very exciting! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danger? Romance? Intrigue? I've never heard of this before, but it definitely has my attention now! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover, and the books sounds really interesting. I like books with past lives! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Natasa - *finally* a cover that reflects the characters properly (I assume) rather than assuming us poor readers can't handle it. Bravo to Walker & Co.

    The book sounds great, I love historical fiction and throw in some past lives, a crazy person out for revenge and romance and I'm there! Love your pick for many reasons and I'm putting it on my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Transcendence sound really cool. Recently I got a copy i'm looking FT to read it. Nice choice :) My WOW Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh nice! I saw this one up at Netgalley! So if you haven't already tried requesting it, you still have time! Gotta love Netgalley!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo past lives. Haven't seen that before! And "danger, romance, and intrigue" happen to be some of my favorite book ingredients. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like past lives stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting! Nice pick. I haven't seen this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw this one somewhere, lol

    :) Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you'll enjoy this. The cover is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew the author was writing a new book, but I didn't know what it was about. Sounds very cool! I like the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. New book to me. Hope you enjoy it when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like the author is going in a completely different direction from her debut novel but this looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks really good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! it sounds great! love the cover! beheadings!! *-*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick! Haven't heard of this one, but I love anything to do with past lives. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of this book before. Not really my type of read, but the love interest sounds promising.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi :)

    I hope you love this book when you get to read it.:)

    Thanks for visiting my Wow! Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore past life stories, so I'll definitely be checking this one out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!