Waiting on Wednesday (113)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"The Friday Society"

by Adrienne Kress
Dial
Release Date: Dec 6, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

Be your own hero . . .

An action-packed tale of gowns, guys, guns--and the heroines who use them all. Set in Edwardian London, The Friday Society follows the stories of three very intelligent and talented young women, all of whom are assistants to powerful men: Cora, lab assistant; Michiko, Japanese fight assistant; and Nellie, magician's assistant. The three young women's lives become inexorably intertwined after a chance meeting at a ball that ends with the discovery of a murdered mystery man.

It's up to these three, in their own charming but bold way, to solve the murder--and the crimes they believe may be connected to it--without calling too much attention to themselves.

Told with Adrienne Kress's sharp wit and a great deal of irreverence, this Steampunk whodunit introduces three unforgettable and very ladylike--well, relatively ladylike--heroines poised for more dangerous adventures.

This looks so new and different! And what a cover!

What are you waiting for this week???

26 comments

  1. Another great steampunk novel!

    Yeah, what a cover :O

    Here's my WoW! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower. I do love the cover and it sounds very interesting. Adding it to my TBR.

    Here's mine...

    http://readersconfession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this one, as well. Love a good steampunk! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like a great book and I love the idea that all three ladies are so kick-ass! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot wait for this book! Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book looks like so much fun! I love books set in Edwardian London- such an interesting time period. Thanks for sharing this. I'm going to add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of these days I need to give Steampunk a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound like it will be a wonderful book to read.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My WoW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2024

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steampunky choose your fate! Those things are always fun, if a little annoying. Good choice!

    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this looks like a great one, Carrie!! I don't know where you found it, but it is definitely going on my list! I love the sound of what these three ladies are up to and that cover just really says a lot! Great pick!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love the cover of this. I'm not a huge reader of Steampunk book... I don't think that I have actually ever read one but this does sound good.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been hearing good things about this book. A lot of people are anticipating it. Too bad we have to wait until December! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't heard of this one! Love Wednesday for learning about new books!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It does sound cool. Great WOW :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one sounds and looks like such fun!!

    Great WOW choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cover wasn't grabbing my attention but that summary did. That sounds pretty original.
    I'll have to keep my eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree, this does look fresh and new. Can't wait for this novel myself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This does sound different! And look at those kick ass girls on the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks fantastic and sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing...adding this book to my list.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE that cover...those look like some badass babes! I'm really diggin' the steampunk vibe, too!

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is a really good pick. I remember when the cover was revealed the author talked about it. They did a photo shoot for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a great read!!!
    Day late but I hope you love this book when you finally get your hands on a copy.

    Stop by CBS and see my pick if you get a chance...
    http://www.crazybookslut.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-echoes-at-dawn.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like an exciting read! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)

    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love strong heroines, so it sounds like something I'd enjoy! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by my WoW:

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-fathomless-by.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!