"The Warrior Sheep Down Under" Review

"The Warrior Sheep Down Under"
by Christine and Christopher Russell

Publisher: Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
Release Date: April 1, 2012

Source: sent by publisher

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Summary from goodreads.com:  




Tuftella-the fairest ewe maiden of them all-is in danger! Locked away in a tall, tall tower surrounded by a moat full of monsters, she waits to be rescued by a knight in shining fleece. Warrior Sheep to the rescue!

And so the Warrior Sheep head Down Under

Off on an all-new quest, the Warrior Sheep must sail to a faraway land on a boat called Destiny, with only a very crooked fairy godmother to guide them.
My Review:

Another great installment of the Warrior Sheep series! This series is so fun, I found myself laughing so many times throughout the book. The characters are just so lovable, especially little Wills! He is just too cute, he has the most interesting observations about the human world based on watching tv with his human.

The mystery comes together nicely and there were a good amount of surprises along the way. I love the way the sheep travel, they are pretty crafty! The pacing is great, it's very similar to a children's tv show, which makes sense because the authors work in television.

I'm still partial to "The Warrior Sheep Go West", but I think that's because I really enjoyed the Las Vegas setting. Possibly, it's also because it was my first foray into the Warrior Sheep world and I was so surprised at all the unexpected laughs.

Main Characters: 5/5
Supporting Characters: 5/5

Setting: 5/5

Romance: n/a

Uniqueness: 5/5
Cover: 4/5
Writing: 5/5



Bottom Line: I'd recommend this series to any of the young readers I know, it's laugh out loud funny with great, lovable characters.


If you think this book sounds interesting, you might want to read my reviews of other books in this series:

9 comments

  1. I knew I had seen the warrior sheep somewhere before!! :D
    LOL, it still looks like a lot of fun, I just need to put this on my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a fun series. I'll have to check it out and see if it's the right reading level for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of this series before. thank you for bringing it to my attention. I know my daughter and I would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, Now that is just toooo cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha :) I must try this series someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely getting this one! It sounds like a great series with the elements I love but I probably would even get it for the cover alone! Thanks for your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! I'll have to read the Warriors Sheep Go West review. This sounds like a really funny series. Probably too old for my youngest, but I have a niece that loves to be read to and I'm trying to find imaginative books for her.
    Very in depth review for a children's book! Nice job!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry, I don't usually read children's books, but this is just way too cute not to comment on! So adorable! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!